New Owner of Icelle Blue

General FTO discussion only

Moderator: Moderators

New Owner of Icelle Blue

Postby goz_83 » Fri Oct 14, 2011 10:34 pm

A few hours ago, I became the new owner of Shanes, (previously Rosses) Mivec. Got very lucky with the insurance transfer. Upgraded to fully comp for only €94 and I know if I hadn't of asked, they would have requested several hundred more from me, but my little distraction worked :)

Needs a bit of tidying up, but at €1600, I hope I got a bargain without the need to spend a fortune on her. Still don't know if the GR will be written off, but you all should know by now, i'm not very patient with these things. This is my third fto, in less than 2 months I believe. One is scrap metal, another is pending and I now have a mivec.

The rear crash bumper is pretty badly corroded and can by broken with a finger press, which I was very surprised about. P/side mirror surround needs to be replaced as it's damaged, but I have spares. The d/side caliper is seized (Shane did however give back €50 for this probem, which I appreciate) and I hope to get that sorted tomorrow. All break pads need changing and all tires will need changing too. The back tires looked like a few more miles were left, but the inside walls are pretty badly cracked, so need changing too. Spoiler needs respray, but I knew that. Bumper will need a lick of paint too and a few paint chips to be sorted.

I guess this will cost me a few quid after all. Maybe the guts of a thousand, considering tires and brakes will be halfway there. Well....lets hope nobody crashes into the back of me again. Anyone got a replacement crash bar?
97 Manual GPX. Icecelle Blue.
Other Stuff: Induction kit. Front Strut. Apex Lowered. 17" Kahns. Quad exhaust. HID lights. Glow dials and rings/cups. Black leather seats. Window tints. Sunroof.
goz_83
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Re: New Owner of Icelle Blue

Postby d_dan » Fri Oct 14, 2011 10:46 pm

Sounds like a bit of a project.
I hope you have more luck with this one
d_dan
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby StewyD32 » Fri Oct 14, 2011 10:49 pm

:ll congrat on your third FTO. :lol: .
I do remember you talking about it when I met up with you.
Tis a nice car. So congrats and well wear.

(on a different note I wired up those blue LEDs in the headlight to a bettery and thier not bad but don't know about the White one on the side. Might have to do a little rearranging)
Silver 97 Mirage Asti V coupe
Burgundy 95 GR
Silver 95 GPX
StewyD32
Full Throttle Owner!
Full Throttle Owner!

Postby colm_mcm » Fri Oct 14, 2011 10:51 pm

Did you buy Ross as in mustang's car?

Im lost here!
colm_mcm

Postby StewyD32 » Fri Oct 14, 2011 11:56 pm

Yep
Silver 97 Mirage Asti V coupe
Burgundy 95 GR
Silver 95 GPX
StewyD32
Full Throttle Owner!
Full Throttle Owner!

Postby Myfeckin FTO » Sat Oct 15, 2011 12:44 am

Congrats on the purchase Gary.
I think you bought a lot of FTO for 1600 Euro even taking into account the sticky rear caliper ( I had left it sitting up for a week) and tyres - hard to believe you can view and buy this car - be told about the obvious faults and then come on here and complain about it.
This is after all a facelift GPX manual that had been undersealed with loads of receipts for parts over the last couple of years with all faults pointed out before purchase and a substantial discount given on the asking price of 2150 Euro.

Rear crash bar can be easily and cheaply got hold of - passenger side mirror surround damage is barely noticeable - I certainly didn't see it. Get some pics up of your new FTO.
Myfeckin FTO
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Myfeckin FTO » Sat Oct 15, 2011 12:49 am

d_dan wrote:Sounds like a bit of a project....

Man - you are some sh1t stirrer!

Coming from a guy that tried to sell a completely rusted bucket of sh1t and then managed to sell a turbo unit for 4K sterling that didn't work its more than a bit rich.

I hope to see you at the next meet - cause I WILL knock your block off!
Myfeckin FTO
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby d_dan » Sat Oct 15, 2011 1:09 am

I love you too shane. :smt007
But actually meant it in a positive way as he was happy about it and had it all figured out.

So again how chilling out!
d_dan
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby d_dan » Sat Oct 15, 2011 1:20 am

Although.... If your that easy to jump to the defensive I wonder.
d_dan
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby d_dan » Sat Oct 15, 2011 1:20 am

Although.... If your that easy to jump to the defensive I wonder.
d_dan
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby d_dan » Sat Oct 15, 2011 1:44 am

goz_83 wrote:A few hours ago, I became the new owner of Shanes, (previously Rosses) Mivec. Got very lucky with the insurance transfer. Upgraded to fully comp for only €94 and I know if I hadn't of asked, they would have requested several hundred more from me, but my little distraction worked :)

Needs a bit of tidying up, but at €1600, I hope I got a bargain without the need to spend a fortune on her. Still don't know if the GR will be written off, but you all should know by now, i'm not very patient with these things. This is my third fto, in less than 2 months I believe. One is scrap metal, another is pending and I now have a mivec.

The rear crash bumper is pretty badly corroded and can by broken with a finger press, which I was very surprised about. P/side mirror surround needs to be replaced as it's damaged, but I have spares. The d/side caliper is seized (Shane did however give back €50 for this probem, which I appreciate) and I hope to get that sorted tomorrow. All break pads need changing and all tires will need changing too. The back tires looked like a few more miles were left, but the inside walls are pretty badly cracked, so need changing too. Spoiler needs respray, but I knew that. Bumper will need a lick of paint too and a few paint chips to be sorted.

I guess this will cost me a few quid after all. Maybe the guts of a thousand, considering tires and brakes will be halfway there. Well....lets hope nobody crashes into the back of me again. Anyone got a replacement crash bar?

Myfeckin FTO wrote:Congrats on the purchase Gary.
I think you bought a lot of FTO for 1600 Euro even taking into account the sticky rear caliper ( I had left it sitting up for a week) and tyres - hard to believe you can view and buy this car - be told about the obvious faults and then come on here and complain about it.
This is after all a facelift GPX manual that had been undersealed with loads of receipts for parts over the last couple of years with all faults pointed out before purchase and a substantial discount given on the asking price of 2150 Euro.

Rear crash bar can be easily and cheaply got hold of - passenger side mirror surround damage is barely noticeable - I certainly didn't see it. Get some pics up of your new FTO.

I think you need to ease up here.
Didnt sound like he was complaning about it at all. hes bought the car realised it needs work and said what hes gonna get done. Chill out

There's no good coming out of this, thread locked.
Lads you need to clam down, consider this a polite warning.
Bernard.
d_dan
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Return to General FTO Discussion