Moderator: Moderators

Replacement alternator

Postby Justin » Thu Mar 27, 2003 9:42 am

Anyone out there know where I can get a replacement alternator for a 95 GPX :?:
Justin
1st gear
1st gear

Postby CJ » Thu Mar 27, 2003 10:33 am

Justin, give Japco a call and see how much it will cost to send one over the water. Also, give Jap Autospares in Ashbourne a shout to compare prices. Their contact details are on the Parts\Servicing page. Let us know who you get on.

Ciaran
CJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Options

Postby Justin » Thu Mar 27, 2003 4:23 pm

Looks like I have a few options.

1. A reconditioned alternator from England at 175 pounds sterling + 70 pounds surcharge which you get back if you send to old alternator back to them.

2. A salvaged alternator from England at 150 pounds sterling with a 30 day warranty.

3. A new regulator ( I farely sure the regulator is faulty because everything else has been changed in the alternator already !! ). I got a quote of 325 euro for a new regulator from a main dealer in Ireland.

All these options will end up costing about the same, so I not sure which is the best one. A reconditioned alternator means it was nackered at one stage and repaired, a new regulator may not solve the problem and the salvaged on may be just about to go !!. :shock:
Justin
1st gear
1st gear

Postby steelroe » Thu Mar 27, 2003 6:49 pm

Go to a good salvage yard and compare the FTO altenator to a 2.0L Galant (model and rating) , a few models carry exactly the same altenator as the FTO. Regulator is probablt the same as well. The prices you were quoted are crazy. Do a bit of checking and you will save alot.

Rory
steelroe
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Return to General FTO Discussion