Greek guy ripped off to the (turbo'd) tune of €3.5k

Use this forum to discuss anything and everything non-FTO related

Moderator: Moderators

Greek guy ripped off to the (turbo'd) tune of €3.5k

Postby karlf » Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:14 am

Just seen a post on FTOOC claiming a member of the FTOOC and fto-ireland agreed to sell his turbo kit to some greek guy for €4.2K, never sent it to him and only refunded €700. I doubt anyone on here has any dealings with him as he doesn't be on anymore but seeing this would definately put me off buying/paying him for anything. Read the FTOOC post for a clearer picture of what is being claimed.
http://www.ftooc.org/phpbb/viewtopic.ph ... sc&start=0
As the guy is on lots of irish car sites, if this is true I would hope there is no one else in a similar situation. I have not named names, as I dont think its my place or want to be accused of starting a post slating the person in question, but due to the figures involved thought it only fair to draw peoples attention to it as I wouldn't want anyone here to be left in a similar situaton.
Last edited by karlf on Fri Jan 15, 2010 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
karlf
I'm addicted to my FTO
I'm addicted to my FTO

Re: Greek guy ripped off to the (turbo'd) tune of €3.5k

Postby Dragonheart » Fri Jan 15, 2010 3:14 am

Read the start of that a few months ago but didn't realize it had gone this far!!
Bit silly to be forking out over 4K in the first place for an unproved 'turbo' kit, but regardless not sending it is no way to behave!
Is this 'individual' still a member here actually? (We all know who it is but I'm not going to mention any names either!)
Dragonheart
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby karlf » Fri Jan 15, 2010 9:35 am

Not sure but haven't seen any posts from them in a long time.
Dragonheart wrote:Bit silly to be forking out over 4K in the first place for an unproved 'turbo' kit

I definately wouldn't be doing it anyway, I'd even think twice about buying it from an established business let alone a private ebay seller.Usually if there is any problems its up to the buyer to repay postage costs to return items to the seller. No way I'd risk getting stung with €€€'s in return costs for sending an unproved turbo kit across Europe.
If it is true, its an awful thing to do on anyone. As much as I thought the guy was a bit of a waffler I would not have thought he'd do something like that. Lets just hope the issue is resolved and if any wrong doing has gone on the €3.5k still otstanding is returned,
karlf
I'm addicted to my FTO
I'm addicted to my FTO

Postby Dilogoat86 » Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:39 pm

Wow, what a horrible thing to do to someone. Obviously there's another side to this too, but no matter what he comes out with it's not going to excuse this. Doesn't matter if it €4k or €4 it's not his money. I hope he feels the full extent of the law one way or another.
Currently in my collection:
'98 Toyota Starlet...
'79 Mini Clubman 1380cc ~100BHP (I hope)
'79 BMW 728
Dilogoat86
I prefer my FTO to the missus
I prefer my FTO to the missus

Postby Aido C » Sat Jan 16, 2010 3:54 pm

That's terrible form! When buying items online good judgment has to be used. That's a lot of money.
Aido C
Have you seen my FTO tattoo?
Have you seen my FTO tattoo?

Postby optical illusion » Sat Jan 16, 2010 4:40 pm

Bad form alright, money is spent already too.

Buyer beware and all that.
ImageImage
optical illusion
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Myfeckin FTO » Sun Jan 17, 2010 1:38 am

I'm just surprised that anyone else on here is actually surprised by this kind of behaviour from said g0bshite.
One things for sure - he'll never sell another FTO part on either UK or Ireland forum.
Myfeckin FTO
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Dragonheart » Sun Jan 17, 2010 1:56 am

Myfeckin FTO wrote:One things for sure - he'll never sell another FTO part on either UK or Ireland forum.

Or Greek.

Doesn't really surprise me, but I doubt its malicious, think one of the english lads hit the nail on the head when he said it was prob supposed to be a business venture that got out of hand. Cause was't there a topic about turbo kits being made up or something at some stage? I think its just innocence and he got in too far and now can't get out of it. Still though, shouldn't spend the cash if its not yours.
Dragonheart
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Myfeckin FTO » Sun Jan 17, 2010 10:57 pm

Dragonheart wrote:
Myfeckin FTO wrote:One things for sure - he'll never sell another FTO part on either UK or Ireland forum.

..........Doesn't really surprise me, but I doubt its malicious, think one of the english lads hit the nail on the head when he said it was prob supposed to be a business venture that got out of hand. .........

If it was supposed to be a business venture then you'd think he'd have got his own FTO "turbo kit" up and running reliably (and with dyno printouts to prove power) first. A lot of hot air spoken on a lot of forums and then he pulls this kind of stunt.
Myfeckin FTO
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Dragonheart » Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:07 am

Thats what happens when you haven't got a business plan and something to back you up behind it all, at the end of the day the customer's money shouldn't have been spent on personal items, (until the product was received), the product or the money should still be available to be returned.
Its not nice especially that its one of the guys from our side of the water that pulls it, though its obviously not the first time something like this has happened with said individual according to references they have made on ftooc. And a few little things on our site too but thankfully nothing as bad as this.
Dragonheart
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby steelroe » Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:34 am

It is my belief that the second turbo FTO was only purchased as the said member was unable to get his own conversion to work. He then removed the kit from the working turbo vehicle and tried to flog the non functional kit.
Bit silly though sending 4K without even seeing the kit. Doubt he will ever see his money. I reckon that guy should contact his employer and let them know what kind of individual they have managing one of their stores.
I would not be surprised if these parts are already sold on to someone else, a bit and a bit there.
Also why do poeple still tend to make excuses for him???
steelroe
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Dragonheart » Mon Jan 18, 2010 6:45 pm

Not making excuses for him Rory if its my comment you're referring to, I think its underhanded and disgraceful what has happened and that the Greek guy is right to bring it to the highest level to get his money back, even involving cops.
What I was saying is that its evident from his previous posts and claims that he can get a bit(or a lot) wound up by things and rushes in without his head fully on his shoulders or before thinking, and I think thats what sort of happened.
Think you're right with the flogging of the dud kit though, would be a more probable scenario than what I had initially thought.
Dragonheart
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby steelroe » Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:33 pm

Not referring to your comment specifically Martin. I am just a bit sick of listening to excuses like "he is young and foolish" etc.
He has come on here and made outrageous claims about a conversion that never has been proven and insulted several members on here. Not to mentio another guy came all the way from the UK to collect a car and he never even turned up or made contact to inform than person.
Then when the members of this site had enough of him he goes over to FTOOC and starts the same S**t and rips off a member there for 4K.
Excuses like he has no mobile etc. dont cut it, he is the "supposed" manager of a mobile phone outlet for christ sake.
If I were him I would get it sorted before he ends up losing his job after an "angry greek" arrives in Newbridge looking for his money.
steelroe
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Dragonheart » Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:55 pm

Interesting as well the claim about not being able to log into the specific post on the FTOOC as the admins have locked him out supposedly? Yet none of them know anything about it. And yes, losing the phone is not something that a manager of a phone shop can use as a good excuse. Theres an awful lot of flaws in the excuses he has made to that Greek guy, and ones which would be picked up by anybody, not to mention a lawyer. Least he knows how to contact him via facebook, email, work phone, etc. So he can't hide from him forever.
Dragonheart
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby steelroe » Wed Feb 03, 2010 6:28 pm

Looks like the person in question is going to be paid a visit !!!! http://www.ftooc.org/phpbb/viewtopic.ph ... 42#1196442
steelroe
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby karlf » Wed Feb 03, 2010 7:35 pm

Maybe we should organise a met for that specific day outside Car Phone Warehouse, Newbridge and see what happens :wink: . If the guy books his flights on the right day and times, he could get the flights FOC and only pay the taxes as Aer Lingus have some good deals on flights at the mo.
karlf
I'm addicted to my FTO
I'm addicted to my FTO

Postby Dragonheart » Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:25 am

karlf wrote:Maybe we should organise a met for that specific day outside Car Phone Warehouse, Newbridge and see what happens

I'm game for that! :)
Dragonheart
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby soc » Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:51 am

I'm amazed someone would hand over 4.2k to someone they don't know in a different country in a private sale for anything. Madness :roll: I really hope the guy does send balif's around and gets some satisfaction.
soc
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Dave » Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:57 am

Carphone warehouse is only around the corner from me, I'll bring the popcorn!!!
Dave
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby steelroe » Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:43 am

Dave wrote:Carphone warehouse is only around the corner from me, I'll bring the popcorn!!!

Maybe you should pop round "ENQUIRING ABOUT A NEW PHONE" say hello and then look astonished that he is still working there.

I am amazaed that a guy that was so active on so many public forums, giving full details of his address, work place etc, woukd be foolish enough to try this!!! :k :k
steelroe
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby mcgon1979 » Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:12 am

sounds like other people have been brought into it now.

http://www.ftooc.org/phpbb/viewtopic.ph ... c&start=75
Ma olen kaine!
mcgon1979
Fight The Octopus!
Fight The Octopus!

Postby paul2508 » Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:41 pm

his face would be a kodak moment if all of us had a meet outside carphone wharehouse just as he is confronted by the greek lad. would be priceless :lol:
...Me fail english?..Thats unpossible.....
paul2508
FTO-Ireland rules my world
FTO-Ireland rules my world

Postby kizersozey » Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:26 pm

jayzus im shocked after reading all this here and over on uk forum, a real bad apple that dude, ive a mate in newbridge who could go in under cover lol for a new fone..... :)
Steel silver Manual GR (95 D)
kizersozey
FTO nut!
FTO nut!

Postby optical illusion » Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:26 pm

Oh he is so fooked. I'm so delighted, just desserts.
ImageImage
optical illusion
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby StewyD32 » Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:02 am

I know we are messing about having a meet outside his workplace when the greek comes over, but it wouldn't be too hard to find out when he comes over and arrange a meet for real :mrgreen:
Silver 97 Mirage Asti V coupe
Burgundy 95 GR
Silver 95 GPX
StewyD32
Full Throttle Owner!
Full Throttle Owner!

Next

Return to Off Topic