Back pain

Use this forum to discuss anything and everything non-FTO related

Moderator: Moderators

Back pain

Postby CJ » Wed Dec 01, 2004 12:53 pm

Guys, just wondering if I'm alone as regards suffering from back pain, its a common enough issue in society these days but does anyone have an ongoing back problem? I suffer from a form of arthritis that pretty much affects most of my main joints, but the back is the most problematic. Its important to stay positive when you have any medical condition that has an impact on your quality of life buts it can difficult at the best of times! (especially when you want to get the spanners out but can't manage to lift the toolbox out of the shed! :))

CJ
CJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Back pain

Postby soc » Wed Dec 01, 2004 2:21 pm

CJ wrote:Guys, just wondering if I'm alone as regards suffering from back pain, its a common enough issue in society these days but does anyone have an ongoing back problem? I suffer from a form of arthritis that pretty much affects most of my main joints, but the back is the most problematic. Its important to stay positive when you have any medical condition that has an impact on your quality of life buts it can difficult at the best of times! (especially when you want to get the spanners out but can't manage to lift the toolbox out of the shed! :))

CJ

Ever tried acupuncture and massage? 've osteo-arthritis in my right knee as a result of misalighment in my joints (becuase of muscle imbalances) which caused the rubbing of the underside of the patella on my knee joint. It got so bad I used to get regular swelling from any form of running and was constantly popping anit-inflammatories and pain killers to allow me play sports. I was told 3 years ago that I'd need to quit skiing and hurling - since then I've been to 1 World champs for skiing and I'm going again next Feb and I've just finished a season playing senior with Ballinteer. And while I get the (Very) odd twinge if I really over do it I've had no real problems since.........

What did I do??? I did a course of acupuncture - the improvement was amazing - I was able to get back to training to correct the misalignment in my joints. I then started to get regular sports massage to keep muscles from knotting and tightening which has helped a lot.

I've also got a mate who suffered some premature wear one of his discs (between L4 & L5 I think) and was really suffering - he went to see a homeopath and did some acupuncture and it made a huge difference to him,..... definitely worth a try.
soc
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Mustang » Wed Dec 01, 2004 2:33 pm

Serious stuff guys.
Not trying to be funny CJ, but did you ever consider that driving a low slung sports car might not be helping the situation?
Mustang
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Re: Back pain

Postby CJ » Wed Dec 01, 2004 2:37 pm

shane wrote:Ever tried acupuncture and massage?

I've tried it all :) I didn't get any relief from accupuncture, physical therapy, phisiotherapy, massage or chiropractic (I shouldn't really have used the latter but didn't know what the condition was at the time). I've had limited success with anti-inflammatory drugs and pain killers, I'm on a antimetabolic drug at the minute that doesn't seem to be helping much either :roll: The next step is a course of drugs that can have serious side effects, so I'll play it by year. One thing I need to do is become more active, most sports are out due but the likes of swimming and stretching excercises are something I need to get stuck into.

CJ
CJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CJ » Wed Dec 01, 2004 2:38 pm

Mustang wrote:Not trying to be funny CJ, but did you ever consider that driving a low slung sports car might not be helping the situation?

In all seriousness, I havn't found any car seat as comfortable as the FTOs!

CJ
CJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Mustang » Wed Dec 01, 2004 2:41 pm

It's a comfy seat alright. It's the getting into and out of it I think is the issue, especially if the car has been lowered!
Mustang
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Myfeckin FTO » Wed Dec 01, 2004 4:03 pm

All my pain is my own fault - mostly caused by my 12.5 stone frame running into 19stone forwards every weekend. I've been to the Chiropracter and physio 3 times in the past week - par for the course at times in a rugby season. I don't know where to start as regards to where my pain is - it would be easier to say where I don't have pain (both big toes seem ok!). :(
Myfeckin FTO
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Kace » Wed Dec 01, 2004 10:27 pm

Chiropractor is my potion too. Haven't modified the FTO seat in any way to accommodate the back - I agree, it's pretty darn good.
K
Kace
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Myfeckin FTO » Thu Dec 02, 2004 12:50 pm

Not a big fan of the FTO seats - not really all that supportive - Sparco Milanos in my last car where the biz - would love to have them in an FTO - it would complete the car for me - would much prefer to a leather interior in fact - http://www.fasterfords.com/pictures/pum ... d5_thm.jpg
Myfeckin FTO
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Return to Off Topic