FTO V6 conversion to Mivec V6-No spark

Technical questions and discussion

Moderator: Moderators

FTO V6 conversion to Mivec V6-No spark

Postby Antonio333 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:57 am

Hey everyone i bought a Mitsubishi fto V6 non mivec and the engine was pulled apart due to a head gasket issue. As the price to get the engine put back together was ridiculous i decided to do a conversion to Mivec engine. I have changed the Ecus, complete wiring loom and engine all out of a front cut from japan. now i have an issue with the car not starting due to no spark. As the non mivec runs an air flow meter or map sensor on the air intake and the mivec runs a manifold air pressure sensor which i was unaware of and have not yet installed, which is what i suspect to be the problem. i am wondering once i get that part, will that fix the problem of the car not having spark? And start the car, or would the car still start without one, or would that even not make it have spark? As all my coils are new and so are all the other sensors. its highly unlikely it could be anything else. But i am also told which im not sure if it is true that the FTO codes of the immobilisers body control module dose not match the ecu code to turn the immobilizer off because it runs in a series and apparently i should have got the BCM and KEY from the front cut i took the ecu and engine from. And have been advised to install a piggy back computer to run the ignition separate to bypass this problem as locksmiths in Australia do not have the licensing to reset immobilizer codes from Japanese import FTOs. I am not sure if anything to do with the immobilizer is true so if you could please help with any of this would be much appreciated because i have paid a lot of money to diagnose problems with no results so far as the snap on diagnosis tool hooked up to my data cable came up with no fault codes even without the manifold air pressure sensor and tested OK to start.
Antonio333

Re: FTO V6 conversion to Mivec V6-No spark

Postby goz_83 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:26 pm

Aaaaaaaaarghhh! My Eyes!

Please, please try to break up future messages. That's one whole piece of paragraph and it's difficult to read.
97 Manual GPX. Icecelle Blue.
Other Stuff: Induction kit. Front Strut. Apex Lowered. 17" Kahns. Quad exhaust. HID lights. Glow dials and rings/cups. Black leather seats. Window tints. Sunroof.
goz_83
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Re: FTO V6 conversion to Mivec V6-No spark

Postby asti rs » Tue Dec 25, 2012 4:52 pm

not reading that msg but make sure your tps and coolant temp sensor are the right way around as in the wiring bros v6 would start as we had um the wrong way around
asti rs
Octane king
Octane king

Return to FTO Technical