Quinn Direct???

Compare and discuss insurance quotes here (Registered users only)

Moderator: Moderators

Quinn Direct???

Postby Bernard » Tue Jan 16, 2007 12:15 am

I rang Quinn Direct today to ask about the renewal quote they sent me.
I've been with them now for three years so I thought I'd ask them for a quote on an FTO as I've finally got the ok to buy one (
:smt045 :smt079) this summer.

They said they don't insure them :roll:

Does anyone know if this is a new thing as I've read other threads mentioning QD quotes...
Bernard
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby BrianjG » Tue Jan 16, 2007 10:46 am

well thats bull as I have a quote from them (with reference number) for a 98 fto mivec for 610 fully comp. (27, full NCB, license for 8 years, 2 points)

just need to find a nice one now.
BrianjG

Postby CJ » Tue Jan 16, 2007 11:56 am

BrianjG wrote:well thats bull as I have a quote from them

Is this new business or a renewel quote? QD won't take on any new business with regard to FTO but if you have a policy with them already, they will renew it no problem.

CJ
CJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Viper » Tue Jan 16, 2007 2:11 pm

Maybe not quite the same topic, but I was talking to them early last week regarding insuring a new car (s2000), they stated that they do not provide quotes for convertibles (!), but would subsequently do so if I provided proof of purchase. They also said this was the same for all cars which they do not claim to insure on spec, including FTO's.
Not really much help I know as you could end up getting screwed, but this is how I got my current FTO policy with them...
Viper
FTO nut!
FTO nut!

Postby BrianjG » Tue Jan 16, 2007 6:14 pm

CJ wrote:

Is this new business or a renewel quote? QD won't take on any new business with regard to FTO but if you have a policy with them already, they will renew it no problem.

CJ

this is new business.

(ps I'm in cork if that makes any difference.)
BrianjG

Postby Bernard » Tue Jan 16, 2007 7:28 pm

CJ wrote:

CJ

I got a renewal letter for my current car (non FTO) but was asking them about transferring to an FTO during the summer.
I'm 28 with a full licence, no points and a full NCB but apparently that doesn't come into it. They said they won't touch Imprezas or EVOs either...
Bernard
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Myfeckin FTO » Tue Jan 16, 2007 11:42 pm

Bernard wrote:
CJ wrote:

CJ

.......I'm 28 with a full licence, no points and a full NCB ...

You should have no problem getting a quote from any number of insurance companies for an FTO - try a couple of brokers and just go with the cheapest.
Myfeckin FTO
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Muad_dib77 » Wed Jan 17, 2007 11:05 am

Bernard wrote:
CJ wrote:

CJ

I got a renewal letter for my current car (non FTO) but was asking them about transferring to an FTO during the summer.
I'm 28 with a full licence, no points and a full NCB but apparently that doesn't come into it. They said they won't touch Imprezas or EVOs either...

Apparently if you already have a policy with them they HAVE to quote you..they don't have to give you a good quote though..
Image<->FTO-Ireland Shop
Tiomáint sé cosúil go bhfuil tú déanach i gcás maise!
Muad_dib77

Postby BrianjG » Wed Jan 17, 2007 11:33 am

well just to clarify the way I did it. I registered on the quinn site, did the quote at which point it said to call them, which I did and then they quoted me.
BrianjG

Postby Petras » Wed Jan 17, 2007 3:49 pm

i got insurance renewal form yesturday ...
Im 23 yr. old ... second yr with quinn direckt.
So for the next yr they wont from me 1474.27eu :) its not so bad i think ...
Insurance for fto i got when i sold my 1.4 Rover and just maked a phone call to quinn direct to change my policy for another car ... they sad me no problem and charged 45 euros or smthing like that ...
But when i came to pay quin direckt everybody was interested how 23 yr old got insured FTO ... and they told me that they not giving quotations to these cars ... So they was really surprised like me as well :)
Petras
Super unleaded
Super unleaded

Postby Bernard » Mon Jan 29, 2007 9:52 pm

After spending over five hours on the phone on friday I finally got my insurance sorted.

The trouble was finding an insurer where I could transfer to an FTO during the summer without too much hassle. Anyway, the worst FTO quote I got was €2217 with a €4000 excess! which is a fair jump from the best... €708 with a €190 excess.
Both are fully comp. with full NCB protection.

I found Eagle star the best through Britton, they were very helpful, although at first they said they couldn't quote on the FTO but when I gave them the ref. number from Eagle star they not only quoted but knocked €65 off the premium.

Happy Days. :D
Bernard
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Kace » Tue Jan 30, 2007 11:31 pm

That's a fantastic deal - though I don't understand what you mean about the Eagle Star reference number - can you explain how you went about getting this quote and deal through Britton / Eagle Star ?
| Silver 95 GPX Manual | 20 years MIVEC experience |
| Silver 09 Audi A5 | 2.0 TDI quattro S-Line Special Edition |
| Blue 04 Audi A4 Avant | 1.9 TDI S-Line | (wifemobile)
Kace
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Bernard » Wed Jan 31, 2007 12:15 am

Kace wrote:That's a fantastic deal - though I don't understand what you mean about the Eagle Star reference number - can you explain how you went about getting this quote and deal through Britton / Eagle Star ?

I rang Eagle star and got a quote on an FTO (€773), they gave me a reference number for the quote.

When I rang Britton (Broker) back, they said that they had rang and faxed Eagle star but they wouldn't quote me on an FTO. I then gave them the reference number from Eagle star and told them that I had already gotten a quote.
Half an hour later they rang me back saying they could offer me a policy with Eagle star for €708

I have to say that I found them very helpful and friendly not to mention that they beat everyone hands down when it came to the FTO. It was Danielle I was dealing with in case you phone...
Bernard
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CJ » Wed Jan 31, 2007 9:37 am

Bernard wrote:l, although at first they said they couldn't quote on the FTO

Who, Eagle Star or Britton? If its ES, I can't understand why they say they won't quote to begin with and then come back with an very competitive quote...

CJ
CJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Bernard » Wed Jan 31, 2007 9:17 pm

CJ wrote:
Bernard wrote:l, although at first they said they couldn't quote on the FTO

Who, Eagle Star or Britton? If its ES, I can't understand why they say they won't quote to begin with and then come back with an very competitive quote...

CJ

Britton. They said they couldn't get a quote from Eagle star at first, just shows it pays to be persistent.
Bernard
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Muad_dib77 » Thu Feb 01, 2007 4:02 pm

Yeah you're right there..

eagle start would quote me at first...Called a different office.. and presto..
Image<->FTO-Ireland Shop
Tiomáint sé cosúil go bhfuil tú déanach i gcás maise!
Muad_dib77

Postby thesaint » Wed Mar 07, 2007 3:34 pm

I just got an insurance policy with quinn direct.

I think they may have changed their policy regarding fto's.

Have been going through a broker for the past 2 years, my renewal quote came in from them at 1,300. Decided to give QD a ring just on the off chance. To my surprise they quoted me 540 3rd pty F&T.

I was with QD before I got my fto but when I went to swtich over at the time they said they wouldn't insure it, hence the broker. So my past 3 policies have been. 2,200 (ARB) then 1,600(ARB) now 540(QD)!!!

By the way, I'm 29. 5 years no-claims. and full licence for 3 years.
thesaint
Super unleaded
Super unleaded

Postby Bernard » Wed Mar 07, 2007 3:40 pm

There's no consistency there at all, it's like they don't want your money.
It's defiantly a sellers market.
Bernard
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CJ » Wed Mar 07, 2007 4:03 pm

That does sound positive though. I'd encourage everyone who renewel is on the way to call Quinn in the event you're not already with them, lets see how consistant they actually are.

One thing I'll say about QD is that they usually quote very competively for FTO cover (when the do quote at all that is :roll: )

CJ
CJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby AL » Wed Mar 07, 2007 6:13 pm

LADS AND LASSIES, IM IN SHOCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

after reading some of todays posts here i just got off the phone from QD,
99 GPX........... fully comprehensive, with full protection and windscreen protection, which by the way was extra :roll:

€ 594.70.......................and i live in dublin.

got reference number of quote, just in case, its valid for 40 days. im mid way through my current policy, but this is a steal :shock:
AL
I prefer my FTO to the missus

Postby Sebastian » Wed Mar 07, 2007 9:58 pm

Ours was done 2 weeks ago to QD .. so i guess it depends of the driver (or not ? )
Sebastian

Postby baldtyres » Thu Mar 08, 2007 3:32 pm

AL wrote:LADS AND LASSIES, IM IN SHOCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

after reading some of todays posts here i just got off the phone from QD,
99 GPX........... fully comprehensive, with full protection and windscreen protection, which by the way was extra :roll:

€ 594.70.......................and i live in dublin.

got reference number of quote, just in case, its valid for 40 days. im mid way through my current policy, but this is a steal :shock:

JESUS!!!, change to this before someone spots a mistake.
Double check that this isn't the monthly direct debit payment or that a 1 didn't fall off of the front of the quote :wink:
Midlifecrisisinagpx
baldtyres
FTO is my life
FTO is my life

Postby Aidan » Fri Mar 09, 2007 11:43 pm

Holy Sh1t!!! :shock:
I just done an online quote on they quoted me €670 fully comp. I just renewed my insurance with axa a few weeks ago for €1300 :x
I think axa will be getting a call on Monday morning :)
Aidan
Speed freak
Speed freak

Quinn Direct Confused

Postby RichyH » Mon Mar 12, 2007 2:31 pm

Hi all Just, Just Joined the Site but if had a but of a run in with Quinn direct on insurance, iv been looking into buying an FTO for the past year and finally iv scraped up enough to buy one, over the last year i have rang Quinn to get quotes at different times and out of the 6 times i rang 4 of the times they said they don’t insure FTOs. so i got her to check into it as i received a quote before and apparently they insure some FTOs but not others. they insure the GPX but not the GX which apparently they have listed as being 220Bhp which why they wont insure it. so it looks like somewhere in there system there FTO info is a little confused.

Conclusion if they say they don’t askers them to check into it and even ring back again and see what they say the second time.
RichyH
1st gear
1st gear

Postby DirtyLopez » Tue Mar 13, 2007 1:26 am

I insured my GR with QD in november, wasn`t a problem. Problem is amount I have to pay... 2300 TP FT. But I`m foreigner with no bonuses or discounts
DirtyLopez

Next

Return to Motor Insurance