Renewal time!

Compare and discuss insurance quotes here (Registered users only)

Moderator: Moderators

Renewal time!

Postby kevinod » Fri Jul 25, 2008 8:00 pm

3 weeks before renewal, so quote arrived in the post today. Its almost 2 and a half times last year's quote!! WTF!!! :shock: :evil:

No claims this year, 4 years ncb, but all of a sudden there's a claims loading of €1355????

I can only assume it's a mistake, has anyone heard of this claims loading craic?
Steel Silver manual GR (95 C)
kevinod

Postby kevinod » Mon Jul 28, 2008 3:19 pm

Got onto them this morning, they're trying to say it's right, :smt013 :smt021 but I've been arguing it out with them so they're supposed to be looking into it and getting back to me. At one stage he mentioned it was in the highest insurance bracket, nearly sounded like a justification for charging whatever they wanted.

Hopefully it'll get straightened out, 'cos tbh its way too much for insurance, and they're saying I wouldn't be able to get insurance with someone else with this. If not, I'll have to put some thought into driving something a lot cheaper to insure... :(
kevinod

Postby Myfeckin FTO » Mon Jul 28, 2008 3:36 pm

Just get a few other quotes Kev. That crew are really pulling the piss.
What were you paying last year?
Myfeckin FTO
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby kevinod » Mon Jul 28, 2008 4:19 pm

Just over the 1k mark last year, was hoping it'd be down another couple hundred this year... waiting the phone call at the moment, thinking of calling the ombudsman to see where I stand, see what they think of the situation.
kevinod

Postby Dragonheart » Mon Jul 28, 2008 6:33 pm

Whats a claims loading about? That they've been hit by other people with so many claims they have to hike insurance up or something? Is everyoene going to get hit?
Dragonheart
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby kevinod » Mon Jul 28, 2008 7:23 pm

I had a claim against me 3 or 4 years ago, and it was settled just after I renewed last year apparently, so they're going loading my policy now that it's settled. I've already been paying high premiums for the last few years so how they think they can load it again I don't know!

Never heard of this before, waiting for them to get back to me. I've been looking at the policy doc but no mention of anything like this on that either.
kevinod

Postby kevinod » Tue Jul 29, 2008 3:33 pm

Heard back from the AA, the insurance company are sticking by their guns, but AXA are offering me a policy for next year a little below last year's quote, so the shower I'm with at the moment can stick their loading!! :D

Stoopid on their part, instead of potentially getting another year's premiums now they'll get nothing.
kevinod

Return to Motor Insurance