Insurance Problems

Compare and discuss insurance quotes here (Registered users only)

Moderator: Moderators

Insurance Problems

Postby Mitsubishi-Mental » Fri Feb 25, 2011 7:43 pm

Well lads

I went to view an FTO GPX this evening, got home called Quinn with the reg and they said they dont insure those cars (De3a Import)!

I went online put in the info to get insured on a GPX and they quoted me 852euro 3rd party.

So i called them back and gave the reg again. yer man on the phone said is it a De3a Import 1990cc. I said no its the GPX 2L Mivec this time and they said sorry we wont insure it.

I told them that i have an online quote here and that i can buy it online anyway, so he said thats upto you.

I said i'll buy the insurance so and asked him will i be insured because the operator is saying no but the online quote is saying yes. He said he doesnt know if i'll be insured but to go ahead and try, and management will get onto me with their decision?

what the hell is this they dont know their ar$e from their elbow?

Anyone know wat to do?
Wicklow Vtec Fighter
Mitsubishi-Mental
FTO is my life
FTO is my life

Re: Insurance Problems

Postby Kace » Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:35 pm

Yep, go ahead and buy online. That's what it's there for. Why did you phone them up anyway?
| Silver 95 GPX Manual | 20 years MIVEC experience |
| Silver 09 Audi A5 | 2.0 TDI quattro S-Line Special Edition |
| Blue 04 Audi A4 Avant | 1.9 TDI S-Line | (wifemobile)
Kace
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Mitsubishi-Mental » Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:51 pm

Kace wrote:Yep, go ahead and buy online. That's what it's there for. Why did you phone them up anyway?

cause i wanted to transfer as opposed to buying a new policy and cancelling the current one. just thought calling would be easier, but it wasn't ha ha
Wicklow Vtec Fighter
Mitsubishi-Mental
FTO is my life
FTO is my life

Postby optical illusion » Sat Feb 26, 2011 3:01 pm

Quinn are full of fail. Half of us here are insured with them, not by choice mind you.
ImageImage
optical illusion
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Kace » Sat Feb 26, 2011 10:29 pm

Mitsubishi-Mental wrote:
Kace wrote:Yep, go ahead and buy online. That's what it's there for. Why did you phone them up anyway?

cause i wanted to transfer as opposed to buying a new policy and cancelling the current one. just thought calling would be easier, but it wasn't ha ha

Buy the new policy online, then phone up and cancel the old one - you will be due a pro-rata refund for all days / months unused.
Kace
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby colm_mcm » Sat Feb 26, 2011 11:46 pm

There would be a problem building up no claims bonus no?
colm_mcm

Postby Mitsubishi-Mental » Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:15 pm

Kace wrote:
Mitsubishi-Mental wrote:

Buy the new policy online, then phone up and cancel the old one - you will be due a pro-rata refund for all days / months unused.

Thats a good idea

colm_mcm wrote:There would be a problem building up no claims bonus no?

I suppose i could wait til mine expires and do that, i might drop into the office now im back in Cavan and see what they say in person
Wicklow Vtec Fighter
Mitsubishi-Mental
FTO is my life
FTO is my life

Postby Kace » Mon Feb 28, 2011 12:26 am

colm_mcm wrote:There would be a problem building up no claims bonus no?

I don't see why, a no claims bonus is built up by time, not because of staying for 1 year on a policy. You're staying with the same insurer so I can't see how it would affect the NCB. Of course with Quinn you never know.
Kace
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Mitsubishi-Mental » Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:43 pm

I went into Quinn HQ in Cavan today and made more enquiries about the DE3A GPX Mivec.

Told the girl the story and she said you can buy it online, but we'll need to see the log book. Now it says DE3A on the log book so they wont insure it. I have to change it on the book to a GPX 2L Mivec then they'll insure it!

Is this madness or what? I told her the GPX 2L Mivec is a DE3A Import as well and she said that they just wont insure DE3A's?

How can i do this? Is it just a case of a "change of particulars" on the log book and send it off to Shannon with an engineers report and a stamp from a Mitsubishi Dealer.

They'd melt your head, i tried quotes with other companies and nothing so far, but im waiting to hear back from a few.

Im 23 with Full Licence and 3 yrs NCB, paying €1,800 on the GS
Wicklow Vtec Fighter
Mitsubishi-Mental
FTO is my life
FTO is my life

Postby Kace » Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:37 am

Mitsubishi-Mental wrote:Im 23 with Full Licence and 3 yrs NCB, paying €1,800 on the GS

Wow - you must have your mind set on this FTO thing. You're paying more than the car's worth every year in tax and insurance - not to mind the price of fuel these days.

Not saying it's not worth it by the way - because it definitely is :twisted: Just when you see the figures laid out it gets you thinking.

Personally, I think that if I had any decent mileage to do at all I would have to finally lose the FTO.
| Silver 95 GPX Manual | 20 years MIVEC experience |
| Silver 09 Audi A5 | 2.0 TDI quattro S-Line Special Edition |
| Blue 04 Audi A4 Avant | 1.9 TDI S-Line | (wifemobile)
Kace
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Mitsubishi-Mental » Tue Mar 08, 2011 5:28 pm

Kace wrote:
Mitsubishi-Mental wrote:Im 23 with Full Licence and 3 yrs NCB, paying €1,800 on the GS

Wow - you must have your mind set on this FTO thing. You're paying more than the car's worth every year in tax and insurance - not to mind the price of fuel these days.

Not saying it's not worth it by the way - because it definitely is :twisted: Just when you see the figures laid out it gets you thinking.

Personally, I think that if I had any decent mileage to do at all I would have to finally lose the FTO.

Oops im actually paying €800, that 1 must of slipped in there by mistake :smt005
Wicklow Vtec Fighter
Mitsubishi-Mental
FTO is my life
FTO is my life

Return to Motor Insurance