Fitted new Induction Kit

General FTO discussion only

Moderator: Moderators

Fitted new Induction Kit

Postby soc » Tue Nov 18, 2003 12:24 pm

Got up early this morning and fitted my new induction kit (like a child at xmas I just couldn't wait). Anyway apart from the fact that I (stupidly) re-fitted the MAS the wrong way around (DOH :oops: ) it was a doodle to fit.

And the results..........

1) The fit and general quality of the kit was excellent - only drawback was the bracket to secure the filter/MAS was not that great and looked kinda weak (I bent it easy) so I just left the bottom half of the airbox and positioned the filter in the box so it's secure enough - I just wonder is it getting enough air - I'll have to get 2 brackets made up out of stronger steel.

2) Looks are great, it does look sweet as the filter is a vortex type filter and is a nice wine red color. Induction pipe is a cool looking stainless steel! And the oil breather filter looks cool too,

3) It sounds AMAZING - I drove all the way into work at 4K+ rpms :twisted: !!!! I dunno if fitting any induction kit gives this wonderful V6 wail at 4K+ rpms but when I hit the loud pedal my car now sounds like a slightly muted ferrari :D :D And I'm loving it - I can only imagine the noise on a Mivec.

4) The car actually felt more responsive. After my disappointment of fitting the cone filter to the GS I wasn't expecting much but I could notice a definte difference to response and drivability. That said I doubt there is much in extra bhp - probably only around 4-6bhp. Although it is nicer to drive at low revs now and pulls cleaner and stronger from low down.

This is deffo one of the best value mods I have ever done to any car!

I just cannot believe the sound, totally amazing - so now I have 2 must have mods for any V6 FTO, lowering and induction kit!!!!!
soc
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby JD » Tue Nov 18, 2003 1:28 pm

Have you any pictures of it Shane?
JD
JD
I prefer my FTO to the missus
I prefer my FTO to the missus

Postby CJ » Tue Nov 18, 2003 1:50 pm

In my experience, any induction kit fitted to the V6 intake sounds the business. BHP increases can be pretty minimal as the filter is now pulling hot air in from the engine and gearbox (the area around a tip gearbox gets incredibly hot). All we need now is for a mechanically minded forum member to come up with a stainless steel heat shield, might give Karl a shout on that note...

Ciaran
CJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby soc » Tue Nov 18, 2003 4:17 pm

CJ wrote:In my experience, any induction kit fitted to the V6 intake sounds the business. BHP increases can be pretty minimal as the filter is now pulling hot air in from the engine and gearbox (the area around a tip gearbox gets incredibly hot). All we need now is for a mechanically minded forum member to come up with a stainless steel heat shield, might give Karl a shout on that note...

Ciaran

yea or maybe keeping the filter resting in the bottom half of the airbox is a good idea...... :? :?: Gets cold air direct from front bumper and there is some shielding from the hot air, although a stainless heat shield would be ideal :D
soc
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby soc » Tue Nov 18, 2003 4:18 pm

JD wrote:Have you any pictures of it Shane?
JD

not yet - no digital camera unfortunately so I need to call down to someone who does - I'll probably try to get some shots tonight after watch the matrix III !
soc
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Return to General FTO Discussion