A How To Area

If you've any comments on what might make fto-ireland.com a better site, post them here.

Moderator: Moderators

A How To Area

Postby goz_83 » Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:13 pm

Much like the knowledge base...how about a how to area? I'm thinking like a mini haynes manual thing where it covers topics like:

1)Servicing
2)Replacing Brake pads
3)Trouble shooting
4)removing headlights
5)descaling lights etc etc etc etc

All topics to include step by step guide with photos ideally.

I know there is plenty of the info already on site, but I think a dedicated and structured section would be really valuable and would prevent many questions being asked over and over by people like me :smt003

maybe include an optional modding section
97 Manual GPX. Icecelle Blue.
Other Stuff: Induction kit. Front Strut. Apex Lowered. 17" Kahns. Quad exhaust. HID lights. Glow dials and rings/cups. Black leather seats. Window tints. Sunroof.
goz_83
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Re: A How To Area

Postby colm_mcm » Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:57 pm

Any submissions to the knowledgebase are always welcome.

Due to the fact that these jobs are only done as they come up, its a huge undertaking to cover these in one particular style.

I quite like the current format, and as said above - new how-to's are always welcome
colm_mcm

Postby goz_83 » Mon Nov 07, 2011 12:44 am

An undertaking to be done not all at once and only to be stickied by mods to prevent the area being filled with irrelevant posts.
97 Manual GPX. Icecelle Blue.
Other Stuff: Induction kit. Front Strut. Apex Lowered. 17" Kahns. Quad exhaust. HID lights. Glow dials and rings/cups. Black leather seats. Window tints. Sunroof.
goz_83
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby colm_mcm » Mon Nov 07, 2011 7:48 pm

Thats what's happening at the moment though.

What I mean is, its an undertaking for a user to complete the job whilst documenting everything and taking pictures. As it is, a site members post can be moved to the knowledgebase if its good enough and not already covered. Questions can be asked and answered in subsequent posts
colm_mcm

Return to Suggestions, announcements and updates