I fcekin hate Quinn direct

Compare and discuss insurance quotes here (Registered users only)

Moderator: Moderators

Postby CJ » Fri Feb 17, 2006 10:10 pm

seanmangan wrote:just got a quote with britton on a FTO 2232 TP with excess 4000, sweet guess i'll be buying my FTO :P

Thats mad mad money considering the excess, you can get the same deal from 123.ie for €990:

http://www.123.ie/motor/quote_xs.htm

CJ
CJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CJ » Fri Feb 17, 2006 10:12 pm

seanmangan wrote:just got a quote with britton on a FTO 2232 TP with excess 4000, sweet guess i'll be buying my FTO :P

Thats mad mad money considering the excess, you can get the same deal from 123.ie for €990:

http://www.123.ie/motor/quote_xs.htm

EDIT: Sorry, just spotted your age from your first post, you gotta be 25 to go with 123.ie

CJ
CJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby soc » Fri Feb 24, 2006 12:12 pm

seanmangan wrote:Cancled my insurance with quinn direct, i'm gonna get insured with someone else, got a quote with briton for 1800 on my 1.5 DOHC lancer, told them it was the first time i was insured, .

Are you not lying ot Briton when you say this? Don't you have a claim pending? So you're legally obliged to disclose this -

I had the same touble with QD - took 3 years to get sorted and as soon as it was I cancelled my policy and moved to Axa.
soc
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby JD » Fri Feb 24, 2006 2:00 pm

soc wrote:
seanmangan wrote:Cancled my insurance with quinn direct, i'm gonna get insured with someone else, got a quote with briton for 1800 on my 1.5 DOHC lancer, told them it was the first time i was insured, .

I listened to a guy on Joe Duffy last year (or the year before) that had done the same thing, had a minor crash, insurance company found out he had lied (as they would!), he was prosecuted and spent over 12 months in jail!!!!! I don't remember the details exactly but it was something around the fact that he had signed three documents (or renewed three times or something) when setting up the insurance and was taken on three counts of fraud. I certainly would steer clear of anything like this. Just wouldn't be worth it.
JD
JD
I prefer my FTO to the missus
I prefer my FTO to the missus

Postby seanmangan » Tue Feb 28, 2006 4:05 pm

Do you think i'd get caught
seanmangan
Super unleaded
Super unleaded

Postby Storm » Tue Feb 28, 2006 4:43 pm

seanmangan wrote:Do you think i'd get caught

They check sites like this on a fairly regular basis, remember this is all public access and information is power. Be careful and best just being honest. You dont wnat to screw everything up if you have another bump, no matter how minor!
Storm
Speed freak
Speed freak

Postby kevinod » Tue Feb 28, 2006 4:47 pm

seanmangan wrote:Do you think i'd get caught

As with all car activities, driving, maintaining, tax, insurance, etc., you only need to get caught out once and you're in trouble, costing you money or worse (maybe a lot worse).

Don't forget it doesn't even have to be your fault, you could be the best driver in Ireland but it still only takes one fool to drive into you.
Steel Silver manual GR (95 C)
kevinod

Postby Muad_dib77 » Tue Feb 28, 2006 5:22 pm

Bro....It's Murphys law...If it can go wrong.. it will go wrong..
Image<->FTO-Ireland Shop
Tiomáint sé cosúil go bhfuil tú déanach i gcás maise!
Muad_dib77

Postby seanmangan » Tue Feb 28, 2006 5:25 pm

yeah your probably right, more than likely they have me by the balls for the next two years,what if i buy the fto keep my insurance running on my lancer for a month that way i have two polices and i'm not lying then just cancel my other policy with QD
seanmangan
Super unleaded
Super unleaded

Postby seanmangan » Tue Feb 28, 2006 5:33 pm

or maybe change my name to shaun or somethin, or change my address theres two places in the county where i live with the same name as where i live, eg walkinstown, upper walkinstown i'm trying not to give too much away
as someone could be watching, BTW car dealer on the greenhills road he wanted 9500 for 95 fto GR manul red pre facelift this morning.
seanmangan
Super unleaded
Super unleaded

Previous

Return to Motor Insurance