Insurance after a disqualification... 20 year old...

Compare and discuss insurance quotes here (Registered users only)

Moderator: Moderators

Insurance after a disqualification... 20 year old...

Postby mcgon1979 » Sun May 06, 2007 8:49 pm

Hi guys,

I know someone born in 87 who was banned for 2 years last year for driving while intoxicated.
Anyway, he got banned for 24 months but apparently you can apply to have your license reinstated after half of the sentence. 12 months etc.
His 12 months pass this month and he is convinced he will get it back. (at the discretion of judge etc).
He is ringing around insurers and tells me he got a quote on britton insurance on a civic lsi for 1600euro. I don't believe him. Thats got to be bull....
a 20 year old on a provisional with a 2 year ban and 0 no claims etc... surely not. I think he is fooling himself. I also found out that britton only quote on FULL license holders... Anyone know anything about this area. Im convinced something is wrong with this story?
mcgon1979
Fight The Octopus!
Fight The Octopus!

Re: Insurance after a disqualification... 20 year old...

Postby CJ » Mon May 07, 2007 5:25 pm

mcgon1979 wrote:He is ringing around insurers and tells me he got a quote on britton insurance on a civic lsi for 1600euro. I don't believe him. Thats got to be bull....
a 20 year old on a provisional with a 2 year ban and 0 no claims etc... surely not. I think he is fooling himself. I also found out that britton only quote on FULL license holders... Anyone know anything about this area. Im convinced something is wrong with this story?

Sounds like XS Direct to me, quite plausible. Britton are a broker by the way - they won't directly turn you away if you've a prov licence.

CJ
CJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Motor Insurance