Just joined the V6 club :)

General FTO discussion only

Moderator: Moderators

Just joined the V6 club :)

Postby soc » Wed Jul 09, 2003 12:55 pm

Just got back from lucan where I picked up my new GR.... 1995, 70k miles, speedo converted to miles, wine, totally standard and in mint condition. I can't believe how quiet the car is with the standard exhaust and no induction kit. Like Ciaran said before, it's nice to get into a car you know and have all this extra power. The standard steering wheel is naff though... not to mention too damn big (but the finance wont let me change if :()

Now let the shopping begin...... anyone know of best place for some 17's at reasonable money and that will take old wheels as a trade in?
soc
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Dave » Wed Jul 09, 2003 1:13 pm

congratulations... there's so few of us GS owners left now!
you should have a look in the buy and sell for some second hand alloys or there's a crowd called car fit or profit something like that based in clondalkin. tell them i gave them your number and ask for brian muddiman.
Dave
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby soc » Wed Jul 09, 2003 1:29 pm

Dave wrote:congratulations... there's so few of us GS owners left now!
you should have a look in the buy and sell for some second hand alloys or there's a crowd called car fit or profit something like that based in clondalkin. tell them i gave them your number and ask for brian muddiman.

cheers Dave - at least I went for a superior colour - wine :)
soc
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Dave » Wed Jul 09, 2003 1:46 pm

too true... you don't see many wine ones around!!
Dave
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Ivan E » Wed Jul 09, 2003 4:17 pm

I have the standard steering wheel and I actually prefer it to some of the other steering wheels I have seen. That's the thing about modifying the car, you're doing it to your own taste and it might not be to the liking of others.

My mate's GS has a smaller steering wheel and a different gear stick to the standard and I hate both. He doesn't like his steering wheel either.

What I am getting to is that there might be someone out there who got a steering wheel or other mods in theirs that they may not want and may be willing to swap.

I'll ask my mate about his but he's in the process of selling so don't know if he would be willing or not.
Ivan E
FTO nut!
FTO nut!

Return to General FTO Discussion