Site Addition: Import Guide

If you've any comments on what might make fto-ireland.com a better site, post them here.

Moderator: Moderators

Site Addition: Import Guide

Postby CJ » Tue Mar 22, 2005 8:05 pm

Kev (kevinod) has kindly put together a comprehensive import guide based on his experiences last year, I've put this information into a new page on the main site, hopefully some people will find it useful in the event that they are considering the import route themselves. Direct link to page:

http://www.fto-ireland.com/importguide.html

Go raibh maith agat Kev ;)

CJ
Last edited by CJ on Mon Feb 18, 2008 9:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Mustang » Wed Mar 23, 2005 10:28 am

Nice one Kev, (about time we had a proper importing guide) should help to dispell some of the myths.
Kev FYI, having spoken to Pajevo about the logistics of importing, he tells me that the insurance companies will insure the car using the chassis no.
From an objective point of view this seems quite reasonable, although I'm always wary of them. As for driving around with no plates, I'm not sure. But I'm inclined to think that once you have insurance cover, and the relevant documents that the Gardai should be happy enough. Anyone have a definitive answer on this one?

Mustang
Mustang
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby kevinod » Wed Mar 23, 2005 11:05 am

Mustang wrote:Nice one Kev, (about time we had a proper importing guide) should help to dispell some of the myths.
Kev FYI, having spoken to Pajevo about the logistics of importing, he tells me that the insurance companies will insure the car using the chassis no.
From an objective point of view this seems quite reasonable, although I'm always wary of them. As for driving around with no plates, I'm not sure. But I'm inclined to think that once you have insurance cover, and the relevant documents that the Gardai should be happy enough. Anyone have a definitive answer on this one?

Mustang

Ya, I drove down to Cork with insurance based on the chassis number myself. They took it as it uniquely identified the car but were pretty eager to get hold of the reg number. As you say I was wary of them too, they'll take your money but the second they can find a way out of paying out...

Drove all the way down and parked in Cashel for a little while for munchies and wasn't asked once about it, so dunno was I just lucky or what.

Ooopp I mean a friend drove his car down... *ahem* honest gard.... :P
Kev.
Steel Silver manual GR (95 C)
kevinod

Return to Suggestions, announcements and updates