96 GPX Mivec V6 and few bits for sale

Use this forum to buy or sell your FTO or FTO parts (Private adverts only)

Moderator: Moderators

96 GPX Mivec V6 and few bits for sale

Postby karlf » Tue May 13, 2014 9:49 pm

http://www.adverts.ie/car/mitsubishi/ft ... ic/5479986
Just put this up for sale. After 10 years I think its finally time to say goodbye to driving an fto. Looking at a career change or maybe go travelling but either way it needs to go.
I also have a few bits that could be sold separately. A Facelift bumper, hks fibreglass prefacelift bumper, set of 17" kei racing multispoke alloys and a set of Cusco adjustable coilovers.
karlf
I'm addicted to my FTO
I'm addicted to my FTO

Re: 96 GPX Mivec V6 and few bits for sale

Postby karlf » Tue May 13, 2014 9:53 pm

I was also considering breaking the car and selling it in parts. Dont really want to do this as I think its a nice car but if there was enough interest in different pieces to make it worthwhile I'd be open to offers. Anything sold would require original parts in a34 silver as replacements to allow for selling the car as standard. (ie. Your bonnet plus cash for mine)
karlf
I'm addicted to my FTO
I'm addicted to my FTO

Postby mivecrx » Tue May 13, 2014 11:15 pm

karlf wrote:I was also considering breaking the car and selling it in parts. Dont really want to do this as I think its a nice car but if there was enough interest in different pieces to make it worthwhile I'd be open to offers. Anything sold would require original parts in a34 silver as replacements to allow for selling the car as standard. (ie. Your bonnet plus cash for mine)

You'd never get near the asking price selling parts, best sell it as a full car.
mivecrx
Have you seen my FTO tattoo?
Have you seen my FTO tattoo?

Postby karlf » Wed May 14, 2014 12:16 am

Thanks for the advice. In my experience I'd have to say it was the opposite. It's a while ago now but seb did the same when he sold one of his so I thought it made sense. At least you didnt think the asking price was too high. Had a few people comment on my selling price being too high so thats the reason I was thinking of breaking it/sourcing original parts and selling the after market bits separately. Serious amount spent on extras by myself and previous owner hence the asking price. Wheels alone would cost over €1000 as these where custom made to fit an fto (had to be bored or something), bonnet is about €400+ shipping and spraying and fitting.
There are other bits added that I probably didn't mention but things keep coming back to me the more I think about what I put in. Hopefully someone else agrees. Good news is I'm not in a rush to sell so I have time to wait for the right person to come along. I know you dont get the full value of your investment back but I looked at some online and standard looking for up to €1200 private ads and more for trade.
karlf
I'm addicted to my FTO
I'm addicted to my FTO

Postby DubC » Wed May 14, 2014 1:54 am

Howiya,

Noted in your ad you'd sell the bumper separately if you received a replacement in the same colour. How much would you be looking for for it?

Regards,

Carl
DubC
Speed freak
Speed freak

Postby karlf » Wed May 14, 2014 6:28 am

I have 2 spare bumpers for sale as well. A pre facelift HKS Kansai and a facelift one in green if you look at my other ads you'll see them. I wouldn't take off the one that's on it now just yet, going to see if there is any interest in buying the car as a whole first before I'd do that. I'll keep you posted though. In the mean time check out the other 2 to see if they'd suit you.
karlf
I'm addicted to my FTO
I'm addicted to my FTO

Postby DubC » Wed May 14, 2014 8:03 am

karlf wrote:I have 2 spare bumpers for sale as well. A pre facelift HKS Kansai and a facelift one in green if you look at my other ads you'll see them. I wouldn't take off the one that's on it now just yet, going to see if there is any interest in buying the car as a whole first before I'd do that. I'll keep you posted though. In the mean time check out the other 2 to see if they'd suit you.

Balls, sorry I had made an edit as initially I had asked about the HKS bumper but then I seen it on your adverts page. The above comment should've been regarding the bonnet - how much would you be looking for for that alongside a replacement in the same colour?
DubC
Speed freak
Speed freak

Postby karlf » Wed May 14, 2014 11:34 am

Hadn't got as far as coming up with prices yet. I want to let the ad stay up for a while and see if it sells as is first. If not then go the breaking it route. I don't think it would be fair to start agreeing prices with people until then. If it comes to breaking it I'll give you first refusal on the bonnet how's that?
There would need to be a few people looking for bits off it to make it worthwhile breaking it. It wouldn't make sense to take one or 2 bits off and be left with the rest. I have no where to store it to be able to take a lot of time to sell it.
karlf
I'm addicted to my FTO
I'm addicted to my FTO

Postby DubC » Wed May 14, 2014 3:47 pm

karlf wrote:Hadn't got as far as coming up with prices yet. I want to let the ad stay up for a while and see if it sells as is first. If not then go the breaking it route. I don't think it would be fair to start agreeing prices with people until then. If it comes to breaking it I'll give you first refusal on the bonnet how's that?
There would need to be a few people looking for bits off it to make it worthwhile breaking it. It wouldn't make sense to take one or 2 bits off and be left with the rest. I have no where to store it to be able to take a lot of time to sell it.

Okay no problem, considering I would be planning on supplying you with a replacement bonnet in the appropriate colour I figured it'd still be available to sell as a full car (That's the idea I got from your ad anyway). But yeah first refusal sounds good, hopefully it doesn't come to you breaking the car in the end though and you get the amount you're seeking! Good luck with it.
DubC
Speed freak
Speed freak

Postby karlf » Wed May 14, 2014 8:02 pm

Your right in what you were thinking but I want to see if the car sells first before I do that. Its a lot easier for me to sell it as a whole.
karlf
I'm addicted to my FTO
I'm addicted to my FTO

Postby goz_83 » Wed May 14, 2014 11:19 pm

I think you would make more money by selling the bonnet to DubC if he is giving u a replacement. It would take the boy racer look from the car. Its a lovely car by the way. Lovely wheels too, but a little too large for me. The one thing that would put me off is the fact that its a 4 speed. I also don't think the price is too high. The fto needs to regain some selling power.
97 Manual GPX. Icecelle Blue.
Other Stuff: Induction kit. Front Strut. Apex Lowered. 17" Kahns. Quad exhaust. HID lights. Glow dials and rings/cups. Black leather seats. Window tints. Sunroof.
goz_83
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby karlf » Thu May 15, 2014 1:53 am

I dont know. To be honest it was probably what drew me to the car and a lot of fans on here a few years back when I was heading to meets etc. I guess it depends on the person. As I said I'll try selling it as is and if there is any offers around the 2k mark I'll sell as is. If not I'll either break it if there's enough interest in the parts or it'll be kept in storage until the value starts going up. Hopefully!!!
karlf
I'm addicted to my FTO
I'm addicted to my FTO

Postby goz_83 » Thu May 15, 2014 9:31 am

It would be a crime (punishable by mod ban and then public lashing) to break that car. The only way i would break it, is if I was selling the wheels, bonnet, induction kit and maybe the clocks, but all to be replaced with oem parts. Put the car away is my advice. Look into manual conversion in the future. I put in a buffer offer, so you wont get offers below 1k. I doubt Wayne knew you were a member here.
97 Manual GPX. Icecelle Blue.
Other Stuff: Induction kit. Front Strut. Apex Lowered. 17" Kahns. Quad exhaust. HID lights. Glow dials and rings/cups. Black leather seats. Window tints. Sunroof.
goz_83
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby karlf » Thu May 15, 2014 3:10 pm

Thanks for that Goz. Hopefully it keeps the jokers away. To be honest I probably would end up doing what you suggest. I have a 97 gr I bought to get the facelift lights off it and was supposed to break that. Seb got a few bits off it, alloys and seats I think, and I never got around to taking it apart. I'm not mechanically minded so the idea was my mate was supposed to break it for me and any parts sold off it we'd split it. Car cost me €400 at the time and between the lights, the scrap metal value and swapping Seb for a drivers side window it owed me nothing. Only problem was he's worse than me for getting him to do things (2 years later and he never fitted that window). But he did spray and fit my facelift bumper so can't complain too much.
Last edited by karlf on Thu May 15, 2014 5:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
karlf
I'm addicted to my FTO
I'm addicted to my FTO

Postby Sebastian » Thu May 15, 2014 4:15 pm

I remember that green yoke :)

pity you have to sell the gpx , if I was in the market for one I wold have bought that straight away !
no1. manual GR 96 l no2. tip GR 95 l no3. manual Gpx 95 l no.4 manual Gpx 95 l no.5 manual Gpx 96 l no.6 tip GR 95 - in 2011 took a break from the FTO scene
Sebastian

Return to For Sale