My New P&J!!

General FTO discussion only

Moderator: Moderators

Postby Dean » Sat Feb 07, 2004 1:53 pm

Your other one still up for sale, was talking to a guy here..might be interested, will give him your number.
Dean
I prefer my FTO to the missus

Re: My New P&J!!

Postby soc » Mon Feb 09, 2004 12:20 pm

Man I am jealous..... would it be rude to ask how much, where from and what about insurance? I'm changing in August and would love to get my hands on an s2000!
soc
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby adrian » Mon Feb 09, 2004 12:57 pm

Long story. With hard top etc it's worth about 34K, I got it from a lad in Honda ireland for 28K. Took a while for him to decide I was the right owner but I got loads of stuff with it, original dealer books, original video adverts, DVD disc of the car, original advertising from japan, Honda S2000 watch and silver keyring etc.
It's the biz, and I got it for 28,000!! Yea, it;s alot but it's not more then a new TDi Passat!!

Insurance, good old Engineers Institute...... 1600.

A
adrian
Super FTO aficionado!
Super FTO aficionado!

Postby soc » Mon Feb 09, 2004 2:59 pm

adrian wrote:Long story. With hard top etc it's worth about 34K, I got it from a lad in Honda ireland for 28K. Took a while for him to decide I was the right owner but I got loads of stuff with it, original dealer books, original video adverts, DVD disc of the car, original advertising from japan, Honda S2000 watch and silver keyring etc.
It's the biz, and I got it for 28,000!! Yea, it;s alot but it's not more then a new TDi Passat!!

Insurance, good old Engineers Institute...... 1600.

A

mmmm, yes I like that - a cool, cool car with lots of poke, rear wheel drive, serious kudos and you can take the roof off..... that I like. I think I'm being swayed.
soc
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby adrian » Mon Feb 09, 2004 3:58 pm

Shane it's an unbelivable drive. Seriously. 9,000 RPM sounds so sweet and is very easilt reached. I got 240 BHP on the button at the Roling Road day on Saturday. 6 speed manual. Serious fun with back wheel drive. Drop top in 6 seconds and with 2 people (one being a 5ft 2 female) 2 minutes to put the hard top on too. Out of this world, and never heard one critic say a bad word about it. Cullens have one coming in this week. 00 reg Silver with red leather....no hard top (which is 4K extra!!) for 32,500 if you wanna go and see it...it'll be the only second hand one for sale in the county this week.....

A
adrian
Super FTO aficionado!
Super FTO aficionado!

Postby CJ » Mon Feb 09, 2004 4:36 pm

Adrian, stop trying to convince forum members to sell their FTOs and go to the dark side!

Seriously though, it looks great in the flesh, I can only imagine what its like to drive. I think everyone was a bit jealous on Saturday, but one thing remains to be said, unless you have a few quid saved up or you're getting a good trade in price, its a whole lot of money to pay for a car if its on the drip.

Ciaran
CJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Dean » Mon Feb 09, 2004 5:07 pm

adrian wrote:Shane it's an unbelivable drive. Seriously. 9,000 RPM sounds so sweet and is very easilt reached. I got 240 BHP on the button at the Roling Road day on Saturday. 6 speed manual. Serious fun with back wheel drive. Drop top in 6 seconds and with 2 people (one being a 5ft 2 female) 2 minutes to put the hard top on too. Out of this world, and never heard one critic say a bad word about it. Cullens have one coming in this week. 00 reg Silver with red leather....no hard top (which is 4K extra!!) for 32,500 if you wanna go and see it...it'll be the only second hand one for sale in the county this week.....

A

did Gareth call you about the GS man?
Dean

Postby adrian » Mon Feb 09, 2004 5:23 pm

He did, I sent him the details of the web page and he said he'd call me back......I'll await his reply.
adrian
Super FTO aficionado!
Super FTO aficionado!

Postby adrian » Mon Feb 09, 2004 5:25 pm

" unless you have a few quid saved up or you're getting a good trade in price, its a whole lot of money to pay for a car if its on the drip. "

Totally agree Ciaran, a couple of hard years saving and working and I was landed and am now a happy man....I would not be strangling myself in debt for any car that price.....well, maybe an S2000 but I know what you mean. :wink:
adrian
Super FTO aficionado!
Super FTO aficionado!

Postby soc » Mon Feb 09, 2004 5:43 pm

Dean wrote:
adrian wrote:Shane it's an unbelivable drive. Seriously. 9,000 RPM sounds so sweet and is very easilt reached. I got 240 BHP on the button at the Roling Road day on Saturday. 6 speed manual. Serious fun with back wheel drive. Drop top in 6 seconds and with 2 people (one being a 5ft 2 female) 2 minutes to put the hard top on too. Out of this world, and never heard one critic say a bad word about it. Cullens have one coming in this week. 00 reg Silver with red leather....no hard top (which is 4K extra!!) for 32,500 if you wanna go and see it...it'll be the only second hand one for sale in the county this week.....

A

did Gareth call you about the GS man?

I hear Rory bought you're old / my old GS :) I think I'd like to get that exhaust back :-)
soc
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Viper » Mon Feb 09, 2004 5:58 pm

When is S200-Ireland.com being set up for those of us who have outgrown FTO's??
Viper
FTO nut!
FTO nut!

Return to General FTO Discussion