First GPX Quote

Compare and discuss insurance quotes here (Registered users only)

Moderator: Moderators

First GPX Quote

Postby gav022 » Thu Feb 26, 2004 9:13 pm

well i just ogt my first quote for the GPX.

4230 Euro

am 23 prov. named driver..

Bit steep but ive heard worse. Would only be paying insurance for the year. what ya wreckon lads?
gav022
Super unleaded
Super unleaded

Postby CJ » Thu Feb 26, 2004 9:23 pm

Yes, its pricey alright, you say you're a named driver, does that mean a parent is the main driver? You really should get off that provisional ASAP, as the years go on, it will make a bit of differnce. Make sure you call around a few companies and let us know how you get on.

Ciaran
CJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby gav022 » Thu Feb 26, 2004 10:10 pm

Yea under a parent,

have been stuck with that a few years. And am waiting for the test.

it doesnt bother me than much paying 4k. cos my own car is nearly paid off. And the past 2 year ive been paying car loan and insurance. Now will just be insurance :).

costing me a fukin fortune insurance.

How much is the GPX for TAX ?
And what would you normally consume in petrol a week.
gav022
Super unleaded
Super unleaded

Postby JD » Thu Feb 26, 2004 10:26 pm

Car tax on a 2l is €539 a year.

I drive it easy (most of the time :wink: ) and I'm getting 400 miles out of €40 euro standard unleaded in a 2l GR, I don't expect it would be very different in a GPX - I live 25 miles outside the city and commute to Finglas daily so this is NOT city driving - (only about a third of my driving is city stops and starts) . I'd be interested to know what mpg others are getting.

Cheers and good luck Gav.

JD
JD
I prefer my FTO to the missus
I prefer my FTO to the missus

Postby gav022 » Fri Feb 27, 2004 12:06 am

cheers lads,

i may have some more questions :).
gav022
Super unleaded
Super unleaded

Postby CJ » Fri Feb 27, 2004 9:13 am

JD wrote:I drive it easy (most of the time :wink: ) and I'm getting 400 miles out of €40 euro standard unleaded

I drive in traffic mostly (80%) and get about 180 miles out of 40 quid in the GPX. When I'm not driving in traffic, the heavy right foot kicks in. Fuel efficient she ain't....

Ciaran
CJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Who did you get a quote of with you as a names driver ??

Postby v6 » Wed Mar 24, 2004 5:19 pm

im trying to get a quote i will take named driver at this stage. I was thinking about selling the car im just piiissed off with no one quoteing me, you can only do the speed limit.

:shock:
v6

Postby Ivan E » Thu Mar 25, 2004 3:00 pm

That's an awlful lot to pay for insurance especially as it only covers you for 12 months. You should be nearly able to buy the car for that.

Really you need to get your full licence. Once you have that, do the ignition course from hibernian.

You're in a unique situation if you can use a parent's name as a slight loophoop is to buy an old 1.0l like a Micra. Insure it in your own name. Get your parent to insure just themself on the fto. Your name is to go nowhere near it.

With your insurance, get comprehensive and it should cover you on other cars, hibernian do 3rd party and Axa do fully comp. But with ignition you should get a decent quote on your Micra.

Once insured, you can now drive any car with the owner's permission. And that includes your parent's fto (as it will be under the insurance). Adding a parent as a named driver may well bring down your quote also so check that out too.

But all in all it won't cost anymore than the 4k you're about to pay and you'll have your own insurance.

Not everyone can get someone to use their name on insurance so its not easy to do. Hence why you're in a good situation to do it.
Ivan E
FTO nut!
FTO nut!

Return to Motor Insurance