Sparco/Recaro seats

Technical questions and discussion

Moderator: Moderators

Sparco/Recaro seats

Postby Myfeckin FTO » Thu Aug 19, 2004 2:28 pm

Guys,

Don't really want to fork out big bucks for leather interior - but would like better front seats - had Alcantara Sparco Milanos in my last bus and would really like similar type seats in the FTO.

Has anybody here changed their front seats - I take it there is no suitable kit I can buy for any aftermarket seat for an FTO. Do I just have to go with a universal fitment &/or get someone handy with a welder?
Myfeckin FTO
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Re: Sparco/Recaro seats

Postby CJ » Thu Aug 19, 2004 2:46 pm

Myfeckin FTO wrote:I take it there is no suitable kit I can buy for any aftermarket seat for an FTO. Do I just have to go with a universal fitment &/or get someone handy with a welder?

AFAIK, you can't get a kit to suit the FTO, you would have to go down the route of getting a set if universal subframes fabricated to fit.

CJ
CJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby mark » Mon Aug 30, 2004 2:40 pm

FTO gal has different seats in her one that she's selling, wonder what she did?...maybe email her.
mark
I'm addicted to my FTO
I'm addicted to my FTO

Postby Speedyboy » Mon Aug 30, 2004 3:30 pm

I had a civc before and a body shop managed to fit the buckets onto the existing rails which was handy,

Make sure their secure though you dont want to find out that there not mid accident :shock:
Speedyboy
I prefer my FTO to the missus
I prefer my FTO to the missus

Postby CJ » Mon Aug 30, 2004 4:06 pm

Theres a set of Recaro copies on ebay at the moment and they include the rails: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 7918809955

CJ
CJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Myfeckin FTO » Mon Aug 30, 2004 4:58 pm

CJ wrote:Theres a set of Recaro copies on ebay at the moment and they include the rails: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 7918809955

CJ

Thanks CJ - they look like good value - however I saw a set of brand new Sparco's at the weekend - selling privately - 350Euros for the pair. Will probably go down this road - No STG-Euro conversion - no Delivery charges etc.
Myfeckin FTO
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby FTO gal » Mon Aug 30, 2004 5:00 pm

yeah i put a set of sparco recliners into my car a friend of mine weilded them on to the orignal frames excellent work :r
FTO gal
Super unleaded
Super unleaded

Postby Myfeckin FTO » Mon Aug 30, 2004 5:02 pm

FTO gal wrote:yeah i put a set of sparco recliners into my car a friend of mine weilded them on to the orignal frames excellent work :r

What make of Sparcos??- Tourino's or Milano's?? What did you pay for the seats - where did you get them?? Thanks FTO gal.

BTW - have you sold your car??? If not you wouldn't like to do a trade in on standard seats aginst your Sparcos by any chance - yeah I know I'm really chancing my arm here!!
Myfeckin FTO
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Return to FTO Technical