Appreciation or obsession?

Use this forum to discuss anything and everything non-FTO related

Moderator: Moderators

Appreciation or obsession?

Postby CJ » Sat Mar 06, 2004 1:09 pm

Please tell me I'm not alone. Do you:

...get abuse off the missus for spending too much time on your car?

... spend too much time on your car?

...find you've spent all your spare cash on steering wheels and arb bushes etc. and you've little or no cash left for the month?

...constantly look in the rear view mirror after cleaning the car to see if the group of blokes you've just passed are staring at your motor?

...constantly tell your mates that theres no competition between your FTO and their similarly sized engined cars in the acceleration and handling stakes?

...always look back at the car from a distance when you're walking away after parking up?

The list is endless I'm sure. Anyway, theres a thin line between appreciation and obssession!

Ciaran
CJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Speedyboy » Sat Mar 06, 2004 2:57 pm

..find you've spent all your spare cash on steering wheels and arb bushes etc. and you've little or no cash left for the month?

Yep

..constantly look in the rear view mirror after cleaning the car to see if the group of blokes you've just passed are staring at your motor?
Yep and love it!!

...always look back at the car from a distance when you're walking away after parking up?

Yep

Still theres worse things to be obssessed about !!
Speedyboy
I prefer my FTO to the missus

Postby JD » Sat Mar 06, 2004 7:21 pm

Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes....and..Yes :D .....and I enjoy every minute of it (except the over spending and naggin' bit...o' course :? )

JD
JD

Postby soc » Sat Mar 06, 2004 7:52 pm

yes to everything :)

one other thing I find myself doing a lot is checking out every FTO site under the sun - usually looking for that next unusual mod..... aaarrgghhh, I just can't stop....
soc
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby adrian » Sun Mar 07, 2004 1:54 pm

Yes to all, and another thing the FTO has for me is:

even though I don't own one anymore I still go straight to the Mitsi section of ALL newspapers and websites selling cars to see can I spot one....no intention of buying one but always check it out. Fantasic car that can make you like that...... oh and I believe it's an obsession.
adrian
Super FTO aficionado!
Super FTO aficionado!

Postby mark » Wed Mar 31, 2004 5:01 pm

I probably spend too much time looking at this forum than I do at running my business-dangerous pastime.
mark
I'm addicted to my FTO
I'm addicted to my FTO

Return to Off Topic