FTO newbie

Say hello to other forum members

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Please familiarise yourself with the forum rules before posting!

FTO newbie

Postby Graham182 » Mon Aug 15, 2016 7:52 pm

Picked up an fto project for myself, new to fto's but not mitsubishi's, had a 1.6 mivec lancer, evo 4 and a 1.8 gsr. Couple pics (although it doesn't look like this any more, interior completely stripped now :P )

Manual, I believe its a GPvR, was originally white, evo brembos with evo 6 wishbones and hubs, tein coilovers, and a few other bits and bobs :D

Poor thing needs a full respray really :( Interior might be salvageable, its had a broken drivers door window the last 5 years or so, and was left out parked up since then, I've tried to buy it a few times over the years and they finally relented, pity they left it too late really :?
Graham182

Re: FTO newbie

Postby Daz » Wed Aug 17, 2016 11:49 pm

Welcome to the FTO family, once you have your bits and bobs sorted out i'm sure you'll love it (specially when you hear the mivec roar) happy motoring!
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive, anyway.
18 yrs an owner presently on my 4th a Manual Gpx with twin turbo conversion, in Daytona Blue
Daz
Financially Troubled & Overdrawn!
Financially Troubled & Overdrawn!

Postby Temeeo » Sun Aug 21, 2016 8:47 am

Welcome along! :wel

Saw your post on FTOOC, the car looks well and it's always good to hear that there is no rust to speak of underneath! Where are you based?
99 Mitsubishi FTO GX Manual in Passion Red
Temeeo
FTO nut!
FTO nut!

Postby Graham182 » Mon Aug 22, 2016 12:39 pm

I'm based in Cork, probably not a big southern representative on here, any I see on adverts for sale are Dublin and Meath :P
Even having taken the bumpers off there's no rot, bit raw under the radiator and cross member, rear tubs are fine though. One spot of rot inside on floor under accelerator pedal, couple spots on roof at the back, one of my lancers was far worse for that though, stupid roof supports :P
I've heard the mivec roar too, she drove home despite being parked up so long, clutch is on its last legs, timing belt looks fine but obviously will need to be done, and a good service other than that will sort it mechanically.
Graham182

Return to Introduce yourself