Double Exhaust Question.

General FTO discussion only

Moderator: Moderators

Double Exhaust Question.

Postby goz_83 » Fri Jan 27, 2012 5:05 pm

I would love to get another exhaust end on the other side of the car. I really like the symmetrical look, but is this a big hassle to get done? Anyone here have this done? I am hoping it's just a case of having another piece of pipe joined to the back bockbox and a matching tip welded on, but I know nothing about how it's actually done.
97 Manual GPX. Icecelle Blue.
Other Stuff: Induction kit. Front Strut. Apex Lowered. 17" Kahns. Quad exhaust. HID lights. Glow dials and rings/cups. Black leather seats. Window tints. Sunroof.
goz_83
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Re: Double Exhaust Question.

Postby Bernard » Fri Jan 27, 2012 6:51 pm

There's a few on here with it, you'd be looking at a replacement from the cat back.
Blueflame quads are the most common but when I checked the usual websites they don't seem to be listed anymore.
You might have better luck, failing that I'd say a custom one would be the way to go.
http://www.souhan.ie/

Personally I'm not gone on the quads, I'd prefer a single oval exit at each side.
Bernard
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby goz_83 » Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:25 pm

I do prefer the quads. What I might do, is get the bumper prepared to take another tip, but I am not sure I'll be in any rush to get it done. I do want it done properly, but I want to keep the cost down. It may help if I don't need a full system replacement from the cat back.
Other Stuff: Induction kit. Front Strut. Apex Lowered. 17" Kahns. Quad exhaust. HID lights. Glow dials and rings/cups. Black leather seats. Window tints. Sunroof.
goz_83
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Sebastian » Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:51 pm

TopMix spoiler looks the biz :)
no1. manual GR 96 l no2. tip GR 95 l no3. manual Gpx 95 l no.4 manual Gpx 95 l no.5 manual Gpx 96 l no.6 tip GR 95 - in 2011 took a break from the FTO scene
Sebastian

Postby Dragonheart » Fri Jan 27, 2012 9:57 pm

I wouldn't get the bumper done just to take the exhaust unless you're putting it in there. Personally I like the symmetrical look as well, a matching exhaust on the other side of the car suits the look, whatever car it may be, but a hole with no exhaust doesn't suit it. Thats just me though.
Dragonheart
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby goz_83 » Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:52 pm

Sebastian wrote:TopMix spoiler looks the biz :)

The top mix spoiler will be going more than likely.

I wouldn't be putting a lip on the rear bumper, so there won't be a noticeable hole, just the little piece cut out.
goz_83
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby holio » Sat Jan 28, 2012 1:25 am

Id hold off cutting holes in the bumper untill you actually get the exhaust sorted. You see the odd car going around with the rear bumpers designed for an exhaust tip either side but they only have the single exhaust on it and i think it looks horrendous. Then again i think the smallest scratch on a car throws the look and lines to it completely off.
The ONLY 95GR in shocking red with these specific faults.
holio
FTO nut!
FTO nut!

Return to General FTO Discussion