Fields SFC-VTEC Mivec Controller

Technical questions and discussion

Moderator: Moderators

Postby foxy » Fri Apr 06, 2012 6:25 pm

Hey people

Ive had this in my car and it was fitted by a previous previous owner

It came with a booklett which I have read through but it really doesnt make any sense to me I can only presume its been wired in correctly.

If i take it out and start the car its stalls, doesnt run properly etc etc.....

well today I thought id have another look. I have the 1995 FTO 2.0 GPX Mivec and the dipswitches are set to what is on the booklett. there are so many settings on it which can be adjested for example hi-cam - low-cam fuel delivery thingmy whotsit bla bla bla......... I really dont understand what im doing or what the settings should be. It says it has a speed de limiter option which is set buy the dipswitches well i have done what it says in the book to enable the speed delimiter but its makes no difference. has anyone else got one of these or know what the settings should be etc if so some help would be greatly appreciated as im clueless here is the manual http://www.fastjapcars.com/sfc_manual.pdf

Fox
foxy
Super unleaded
Super unleaded

Re: Fields SFC-VTEC Mivec Controller

Postby StewyD32 » Fri Apr 06, 2012 7:49 pm

This would be very difficult to pin the problem as I would say no one has one of these and we wouldn't know what you did to remove it.
My best advice is to get an auto electrican to have a look at it and you can tell him what you did and how it was wired in.
Silver 97 Mirage Asti V coupe
Burgundy 95 GR
Silver 95 GPX
StewyD32
Full Throttle Owner!
Full Throttle Owner!

Postby d_dan » Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:48 am

Can you post a picture of the wiring diagram.
I'm 90% sure it's an in line controller.

Are you removing the controller but leaving the harness wired up?
Or are you taking every wire out too?

My guess is that your controller is in line for the ignition or injectors so when you remove the controller your removing the signal
d_dan
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby psyfto » Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:28 pm

Did you ever get any information about the fields controller .If your still needing information I,ve wired 2 of these controllers in to fto,s and I am currently using 1 myself .If you look at the back of the controller near the dip sticks theres a switch that turns the controller off by passing all its settings .
psyfto
Unleaded
Unleaded

Return to FTO Technical