gs insurance help!

Compare and discuss insurance quotes here (Registered users only)

Moderator: Moderators

gs insurance help!

Postby kenkeo » Wed May 16, 2007 1:27 am

can any one please help me on the insurance issue on a gs import.i am new to importing but quinn direct say they wont insure me on an import but will insur me on a gs im confused. isnt the de2a gs the same as any other gs. arent majority of gs's imports anyway
kenkeo
FTO nut!
FTO nut!

Postby johnny » Wed May 16, 2007 7:27 am

All gs's are imports.

Im not sure about Quinn....but when i was getting insurance on my GPX Hibernian told me that all FTOs are considered the same for insurance...in other words I could insure a GPX for the same price as a GS..

If Quinn are the same (lads??) then ur better off getting a GPX...bearing in mind you'll have dearer tax and running costs...but well worth it in my opinion....the difference between a GS and GPX is huge! (~125hp vs. ~200hp!!!)
johnny
FTO nut!
FTO nut!

Postby kevinod » Wed May 16, 2007 7:32 am

When I imported I checked the insurance costs and found it wasn't much extra at all for a GR/GPX rather than a GS. There is a few quid savings to be made on road tax, and VRT but again, not a lot.
Steel Silver manual GR (95 C)
kevinod

Postby soc » Wed May 16, 2007 12:36 pm

I had a GS initially because I assume it would be cheaper insurance - how stupid was I..... as soon as I realised there was no difference I sold th GS and got myself a GR. I don't think Quinn Direct distinguish between the models (as bizarre as it sounds!!!)
soc
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby CJ » Wed May 16, 2007 2:11 pm

soc wrote: as soon as I realised there was no difference I sold th GS and got myself a GR

Ditto re swapping the GS for a GPX, you learn the hard way!

CJ
CJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

gs

Postby kenkeo » Wed May 16, 2007 3:11 pm

when i rang quinn direct they said they will only insure a gs. how did you get the gr insured and under what type. isnt the gs 1.8 and gr 2.0. sorry but still kinda of confused with this bloody insurance
kenkeo
FTO nut!
FTO nut!

Re: gs

Postby Myfeckin FTO » Wed May 16, 2007 5:40 pm

kenkeo wrote:when i rang quinn direct they said they will only insure a gs. how did you get the gr insured and under what type. isnt the gs 1.8 and gr 2.0. sorry but still kinda of confused with this bloody insurance

Just tell them that you have bought a GPX and ask for a quote.
Otherwise try a broker - theres bound to be an insurance company such as ST Pauls etc that will come up with a competitive quote.
Myfeckin FTO
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Return to Motor Insurance