You're gonna LOVE this!!

General FTO discussion only

Moderator: Moderators

You're gonna LOVE this!!

Postby adrian » Sat Nov 29, 2003 5:55 pm

Lads and lassies. I just had the most amazing experience....and all I had was my bloody camera phone with me so the pic quality could be better.

Basically a good mate of my Dads, who normally spins about in a 03 Porsche 911 Carerra 4 S, purchased a... Ferrari 456 GT. But not just any Ferrari 456 GT, Michael Schumachers old Ferrari 456 GT. It's the first Ferarri that they gave him in 1996. I took a photo of the warranty book just to show ya it's real!

This guy is, as you guessed, not short of a few bob and has met Schumacher many times, and Mr S explained to him that he asked Ferrari to remove the traction control before he took ownership. It truely is an amazing experience. He took myself and my brother for a spin and all I can say is WOW! I have never experienced power like it.
As an after thought he took us out in the Porsche 911. It was unreal too but, after the Ferrari, seemed a little sluggish. 3rd gear hurt my neck in the Ferrari, seriously threw me back....420BHP is awesome!

Amazing way to spend a Saturday, even though I was only a passanger!

Pictures at http://homepage.eircom.net/~adriangraham/ferrari quality not great for the photos, only a camera phone.

A
adrian
Super FTO aficionado!
Super FTO aficionado!

Postby CJ » Sat Nov 29, 2003 7:01 pm

Excellent :D Adrian, I'll be over to you tomorrow so as you can introduce me ;) How the hell did he manage to get his hands on that? Schumackers name on the log book makes it an even more unique car. I'd be interested to know what sort of money changed hands, probably a few quid more than a 98 GPvR ;)

Ciaran
CJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby adrian » Sat Nov 29, 2003 8:32 pm

Dunno how much changed hands at all.

How'd he get it??....loaded with cash, he's got shares in the Ferrari constructors championship......good pals with alot of F1 drivers...moving in those sorts of circles. Wow, unreal. I'm stil smiling....
adrian
Super FTO aficionado!
Super FTO aficionado!

Postby Viper » Mon Dec 01, 2003 10:50 am

Is that the Ferrari that was for sale in Rathmines recently?.... that also has Shumachers name on the owners list. (and an extra €25000 on the price because of it)
Viper
FTO nut!
FTO nut!

Postby soc » Mon Dec 01, 2003 11:03 am

adrian wrote:Dunno how much changed hands at all.

How'd he get it??....loaded with cash, he's got shares in the Ferrari constructors championship......good pals with alot of F1 drivers...moving in those sorts of circles. Wow, unreal. I'm stil smiling....

for me it's the noise these things make. having heard an (ex) friends red F355 I decided an exhaust was on the cards for the FTO but man I'm getting jealous now - a 456GT, carrera 4s and an Evo....... the lucky git.

so what about having him sort us FTO clubbers out with a nice outing to Silverstone next season :) hehe, worth a try.
soc
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby adrian » Mon Dec 01, 2003 11:04 am

Probably, it was sourced by Cullens alright. Why, how much was it going for?
adrian
Super FTO aficionado!
Super FTO aficionado!

Postby Viper » Mon Dec 01, 2003 2:52 pm

Can't recall, bur he had three 456's there at the time and the Schumacher one was the only one without a displayed price.
Viper
FTO nut!
FTO nut!

Return to General FTO Discussion