front shocks (with&without ABS sensor bolts)

Technical questions and discussion

Moderator: Moderators

front shocks (with&without ABS sensor bolts)

Postby tomcatscreenplays » Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:01 pm

Hi
just got some 2nd hand shocks for MOT (mine are leaking) they are in great nick and got for decent price BUT, my car has abs and these shocks do not have the bolts to mount the cable/sensor thing. am I right in thinking I would be ok making something up with big hose/jubilee clips and similar size bolts or is it a case of getting someone to weld some bolts on to the shocks to fit the cable/sensor to?

hope that made sense.

thanks people
tomcatscreenplays
Unleaded
Unleaded

Re: front shocks (with&without ABS sensor bolts)

Postby colm_mcm » Mon Jul 30, 2012 8:39 pm

Yeah, just get someone to weld them, Isnt the clip on the strut as opposed to the actual shock though? are you swapping the spring/shock as a unit?
colm_mcm

Re: front shocks (with&without ABS sensor bolts)

Postby tomcatscreenplays » Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:24 pm

No I'm having my springs swapped on to the replacements because my cars lowered. I guess its just welding 2 bolts onto the strut in the right places, my local garage loves working on the car so I'm sure it wont cost the earth. thanks mate :)
If the springs didnt need swapping I'd probably change them myself and just bodge something but if its in the garage anyway stupid not to have them welded.
He's going to put my new drop links on at the same time anyway so not much more work.
tomcatscreenplays
Unleaded
Unleaded

Return to FTO Technical