Charleville on Monday

Discuss other marques here

Moderator: Moderators

Charleville on Monday

Postby Dragonheart » Tue Oct 28, 2008 8:01 pm

So there I was, on the way down from Limerick to Cork on Monday night, passing through Charleville, in slow traffic, when out of the corner of my eye, parked on the street arose the rear end of an american muscle car, a sweet refurbished amazing fast back Mustang, stopped to look and then realised I wasnt seeing the whole picture! Parked 2 cars down was a trio of another fastback, an old school Corvette, and knightrider herself, a Trans Am. Another 2 cars down from that was a Pontiac Firebird. 5 of the most amazing cars I have ever seen! The refurb work was amazing, and the condition of these cars was like no other! The 'vette had the hugest longest bonnet, and of course the firebird had the costumory bird on the bonnet as had the Trans Am. Pics will be put up soon enough. I would have loved to have stayed to hear the 5 of them start up and take off together, I'd say the noise would have been deafening, the Trans Am alone had a 6.6 litre engine, the Mustangs would have prob been 5.7 litre, one had air ram, these were legendary cars and to see 2 together not to mind 5 would have been amazing, made my wet cold wintery night into a sunshiny bright day!
Dragonheart
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Bernard » Tue Oct 28, 2008 8:23 pm

Looking forward to seeing the pics.
Bernard
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TopCat » Tue Oct 28, 2008 8:29 pm

Snap. These cars were going the opposite direction to me as I was going into limerick, near Croom, they must have been out for a cruise.
2 had passed before my brain was up to speed so I never got the window down in time to hear them. Stunning looking cars though, looked immaculate. You'd have to have one of these in your dream garage.
TopCat
Fight The Octopus!
Fight The Octopus!

Postby Dragonheart » Tue Oct 28, 2008 11:37 pm

Dragonheart
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Bernard » Tue Oct 28, 2008 11:50 pm

The 'vette looks sweet, pity it wasn't daytime...

Bernard
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Dragonheart » Tue Oct 28, 2008 11:54 pm

I know, they would have been class in the day. It was raining too so some of the pics werent worth putting up cause rain got on the lense, but the ones there were taken just before it started so they came out all right.
Dragonheart
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Masa » Thu Oct 30, 2008 10:54 pm

hmmm exactly the kind of car I just love !

will have one of these one day :)
Masa
FTO nut!
FTO nut!

Return to Other Cars