Help with Decision and Brain Functions

Use this forum to discuss anything and everything non-FTO related

Moderator: Moderators

Help with Decision and Brain Functions

Postby RussMan » Sun Oct 18, 2009 9:10 pm

Hi All,

In a bit of a jam at the moment and really can't decide what to do so interested in anyones opinions.

Ok So I still have the Z (For those that don't know it - 07 New 313 model - silver / black leather)
Just got the driver side resprayed a couple of months ago thanks to some small peckered person who decided to key the driver door.
At the same time got the front bumper resprayed (few stone chips) and the orange reflectors done body colour.
All in all the car is looking smashing and very happy.

The problem!

I'm an on the road consultant and first things first its not (In my opinion) possible to do the whole driving the everyday driver in a Z whilst maintaining 100% immaculate finish whether thats from prats who key your car to being in a rish and a slight scuff on an alloy. Coupled with Petrol costs / tyres / parking / road tax etc etc etc ...

So what I'm trying to get help with is... Whats my car worth? I paid approx 55k May08' for it and suspect a large drop (which i'm ok with sort of) but i'm wondering what would it go for? Is anyone interested? And what the heck to replace it with.

I'm thinking i need a diesal and I reckon a 2006 Commerical X5 would be a good start. Commericial tax (Saves me 1300 a year), reasonable fuel eco and similar yet better practicality. Having this as the daily driver I could then perhaps go out and get either an old 350z and track it else maybe an M3 or something again (old model) that I could trash at the weekends when I see fit. This would all be based on the ability to shift the Z!!

Here's the flip side that is wrecking my head.
I LOVE THE Z!!
I mean I fecking love it. Its such a smart looking car, reliable as hell and so much fun on the road. I don't know if I could ever sell it without going into a state of depression unless I could get an older one, but then I had an older one and I wanted the new one!

Help me out here!

Should I just get a Kubistar and use that as my daily driver and have the Z for apres work purposes. Fuel savings alone would be probably about 200 a month but then I'd have to invest 5K ish to get up and running with a Van. The 06 X5 commercials (newer model) are really lovely inside and out. I would not mind driving one at all.... but hwere is my thrill going to come from? There doesn't seem to be that many nice fto's for sale at the moment if I went down the X5 and fto route.

I'm tired so probably all the above is written in the worst possible engwish... and gramatically all over the place.
Long and short of it is I need to save one outgoings ... Want a Diesal SUV type motor (commercial) If i move on the Z and still want to buy something fast and thrilling / good looking the pimp around in ..(fto :) )

Cheers
Russ

BTW: Myfeckin I parked beside your Z in Dundrum Car park a week ago... It was looking very.... very well!
???? - Ferrari F355 Berlinetta
2007 Nissan 350z GT
2004 Nissan 350z GT
1998 Mitsubishi FTO GPvR
1997 Mazda Mx-3
RussMan
I'm addicted to my FTO
I'm addicted to my FTO

Re: Help with Decision and Brain Functions

Postby RussMan » Sun Oct 18, 2009 9:12 pm

Another question... how the hell can someone get commercial tax on this ..

http://www.carzone.ie/search/Mitsubishi ... annel=CARS

Can I get commercial on the Z if I have another daily driver car then.... ? Seriously?
???? - Ferrari F355 Berlinetta
2007 Nissan 350z GT
2004 Nissan 350z GT
1998 Mitsubishi FTO GPvR
1997 Mazda Mx-3
RussMan
I'm addicted to my FTO
I'm addicted to my FTO

Return to Off Topic