The Roar is back

General FTO discussion only

Moderator: Moderators

The Roar is back

Postby Justin » Mon Apr 14, 2003 10:49 am

Just thought I'd let you know about an ongoing problem which has finally been solved. Back in Febuary I had to get my alternator taken out and reconditioned by a local garage, but after the job had been done I noticed my car would no longer rev past about 6000rpm.

After approching loads of people and posting help messages on forums including this one, nobody could figure out what the problem was and the garage who reconed the alternator said it wouldn't be anything to do with what they did.

Eventually I found a Mitsubishi garage in Ireland you had a MUT11 tester and it came up with a fault with the alternator ( code 64 ). I then decided to buy a reconditioned one for U-save ( thanks guys ) and finally got it into the car at the weekend. Hey presto, the car is back to normall !!!. It's great to hear that MIVEC roar again !!.

Over the last couple of months I have learned a lot about alternators, enough to know that if yours has a 4 pin plug and you need to get it repaired, make sure you take it to someone you has the proper equipment to test it cause if they don't the same thing could happen to you. I totally wasted 280 euro getting mine reconed the first time by someone you didn't know what they were doing, I should have went to U-save in the first place. You live and learn !!.

Anyway, thanks to everone supplied usefull advice.
Justin
1st gear
1st gear

Postby CJ » Mon Apr 14, 2003 11:07 am

Good stuff Justin, I didn't realise that was your post in Smartgroups. Which garage did you end up using for the MUTII?

Ciaran
CJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Garage with MUT11

Postby Justin » Mon Apr 14, 2003 11:51 am

The garage was Michael Grant motors in Wicklow town, tel: (0404) 62777
Justin
1st gear
1st gear

Return to General FTO Discussion