Power Boost Valves

Technical questions and discussion

Moderator: Moderators

Power Boost Valves

Postby Dave » Thu May 29, 2003 10:11 am

Has anyone got one of these or know of anyone who's used them?? just looking to see if it's a worthwhile purchase... :idea:
tia

Dave
Dave
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Re: Power Boost Valves

Postby soc » Thu May 29, 2003 12:20 pm

Dave wrote:Has anyone got one of these or know of anyone who's used them?? just looking to see if it's a worthwhile purchase... :idea:
tia

Dave

not unless you have other mods... all it really does is raise the fueling. Increased fuel without better airflow in and exhaust gasses out won't might actually result in a decrese in performance

i talked to some lancer boys on an aussie forum (exclusive-auto.net) and any of the guys with the same engine as the GS (4G93) reckoned not to bother with Power Boost Valves unless you have other mods like an induction kit, performance manifold, enlarged throttle bodies....

i was thinking of modding the GS but after talking to these aussie guys i didnt like what i was hearing - lots of money for little performance gains.... one guy was running an rpw performance manifold, enlarged throttle bodies, induction kit, boost valve and he only saw an additional 15bhp - that's 15bhp for about 1500 euro.... sure i could probably get a nice GPX for that + my GS.
soc
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Return to FTO Technical