Insurance Scare! - Quinn Direct

Compare and discuss insurance quotes here (Registered users only)

Moderator: Moderators

Insurance Scare! - Quinn Direct

Postby Ivan E » Wed May 07, 2003 2:35 pm

I have a mate who drives a '95 GS manual, which incidently he is considering selling at the moment, but he has 6 or 7 yrs NC and has been insured with Quinn Direct on his GS for the last year. However he rang up today to renew his policy and was told over the phone that they are no longer insuring that type of car.

His wife tried the website and that gave her a quote for the car in his own name which she took using his credit card. So it looks as he got it renewed as the website is still allowing you to insure an FTO (and I tried it myself and they do allow you) but either the person taking the call made a feck up or they just haven't updated their website yet and it could mean the end of using Quinn Direct.

I know a lot of people use them here so beware, there may be trouble ahead.
Ivan E
FTO nut!
FTO nut!

Postby soc » Wed May 07, 2003 4:40 pm

Unfortunately I'm currently with quinn direct - stuck in a hole thanks to an accident 4 years ago. My insurance is up in Aug but I reckon I might be changing cars by then and if not cars then deffo changing insurance companies!
soc
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby CJ » Wed May 07, 2003 5:52 pm

This is quite interesting (as I'm with QD myself). Anyone with QD who's policy will be expiring in the next month or two care to give them a buzz with regard to a renewel quote?

Ciaran
CJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Ivan E » Wed May 07, 2003 6:11 pm

I don't think it even has to be a renewal quote. The person in their call centre said they don't insure the FTO anymore so anybody willing to make a call will find out.
Ivan E
FTO nut!
FTO nut!

Postby Speedyboy » Mon Jun 23, 2003 6:50 pm

They constantly come up with that nonsense it took me 13 phone calls of being told no to get a decent quote from them (im 23),

I wouldnt take no for an answer!
Wavin - Unrivalled European supplier of plastic pipe systems
Speedyboy
I prefer my FTO to the missus
I prefer my FTO to the missus

Postby soc » Tue Jun 24, 2003 11:40 am

Speedyboy wrote:They constantly come up with that nonsense it took me 13 phone calls of being told no to get a decent quote from them (im 23),

I wouldnt take no for an answer!

I agree, they quoted me no problem yesterday - no change to move from a GS to a GR or a GPX
soc
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Return to Motor Insurance