Changing dial backlight colour

General FTO discussion only

Moderator: Moderators

Changing dial backlight colour

Postby JD » Sat Nov 22, 2003 1:32 pm

I want to change the backlight colour of all the dash dials to red (including the aircon light). Is there an easy reference on how to get at all the bulbs :?: (I know how to get at the air con buldbs - thanks Daz :) ) , and do I need to buy new coloured bulbs :?: or can I colour the ones in there :?: - OR do I need to change my dials :?: ..................phew
Cheers
JD
JD
I prefer my FTO to the missus

Postby JD » Sun Nov 23, 2003 6:07 pm

I found a link on www.type-f.co.uk for fitting allu. dial rings, which set out how to take out the speedo etc, so that's ok.

I took them all out and dipped the bulbs in red enamel paint, taking care not to get any on the contact wires and they look OK. I could do with them being a bit brighter though, (mind you they were never too bright to begin with).

Anyone know if you can get brighter dash bulbs - and if so where?

Cheers
JD
JD

Postby CJ » Mon Nov 24, 2003 12:17 pm

JD, check out this link:

Gecko Motorsport

There was a guy called MarkFTO on the FTOOC forum that stocked
different coloured dash bulbs not so long ago, try popping him an email to see if he can sort you out => marcusiuss@hotmail.com

Ciaran
CJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Changing dial backlight colour

Postby Daz » Tue Nov 25, 2003 2:42 pm

JD wrote:I want to change the backlight colour of all the dash dials to red (including the aircon light). Is there an easy reference on how to get at all the bulbs :?: (I know how to get at the air con buldbs - thanks Daz :) ) ,
JD

I know i was helpful but not too helpful as i still want somethings origional on my motor but it seams everywhere i look now someone else is doing the same thing, guess i'll have to start modding my baby again with something different, Anyway you can get a full dash bulb kit from a mate of mine Patt torr, he's always on the jcars and that, i'm going to send him your e-mail address and tell him you might be wanting stuff of him ok!, And i'm going to england for xmas and if he has them and you have arrange payment i can bring them back with me.

Daz...

-------------------------------
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive, anyway.
Daz
Financially Troubled & Overdrawn!

Postby CJ » Tue Nov 25, 2003 3:02 pm

I noticed Patt mentions the dash bulb kits on his site but they've been 'available soon' for few months...

Ciaran
CJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Daz » Tue Nov 25, 2003 3:34 pm

CJ wrote:I noticed Patt mentions the dash bulb kits on his site but they've been 'available soon' for few months...

Ciaran

Aye thats correct there very hard to get the sets put together, but he managed to do one for me, I guess it's not what you know but who you know :D
18 yrs an owner presently on my 4th a Manual Gpx with twin turbo conversion, in Daytona Blue
Daz

Postby JD » Tue Nov 25, 2003 3:57 pm

Thanks a million Daz - I'll give you a shout when he gets in touch and let you know how I get on - and cheers on the offer to collect them if it works out :wink:
JD
JD

Postby Daz » Tue Nov 25, 2003 4:38 pm

JD wrote:Thanks a million Daz - I'll give you a shout when he gets in touch and let you know how I get on - and cheers on the offer to collect them if it works out :wink:
JD

No probs, i'll definatly see him when i'm over i'll probably meet up with over 20 owners when i'm over there.
18 yrs an owner presently on my 4th a Manual Gpx with twin turbo conversion, in Daytona Blue
Daz

Return to General FTO Discussion