ADVISE PLEASE!! If you were me....

General FTO discussion only

Moderator: Moderators

ADVISE PLEASE!! If you were me....

Postby adrian » Thu Nov 27, 2003 11:35 am

Hi all,

Have basically decided to sell the FTO and try and import/source another (facelift GPX or maybe manual GR) in the new year. This may mean being without a car for a while but I've a kind girlfriend who might lend me her Megane Coupe for a while.....hopefully.

Anyway, I have 2 things on the car that I wouldn't mind keeping (more to save money when I get the new one then anything):

Panasonic MP3 CD Player http://www.dabs.com/uk/productview?quic ... fererid=DT and
17 Inch alloys (example at http://www.honda-acura.net/showthread/t-107084.html)

The alloys, mainly because I would have to spend over E1000 to get new ones that I'd like when I do get the new FTO, and thats a fair hit on top of the price of a new car.....and I thihk they look well on the FTO anyway.

If you were selling a very good knick

Silver 1995 GS TIP, serviced every 10K KM, incl gearbox oil and filter (recorded on P Nolans service records),
135,000KM (85,000 Miles) - Timing Belt Done at 65K miles
Drilled and Grooved Disk, Pagid pads
Great Condition

would you replace the alloys with standard ones (if I could get em) and the MP3 CD player with a standard radio head unit to save a few quid BEFORE you advertise/sell it or do you think it would sell far quicker with these 2 things. I'm in no REAL rush to sell it though.

Thanks guys,

Adrian
adrian
Super FTO aficionado!
Super FTO aficionado!

Re: ADVISE PLEASE!! If you were me....

Postby CJ » Thu Nov 27, 2003 12:06 pm

adrian wrote:would you replace the alloys with standard ones (if I could get em) and the MP3 CD player with a standard radio head unit to save a few quid BEFORE you advertise/sell it or do you think it would sell far quicker with these 2 things. I'm in no REAL rush to sell it though.

BTW, the GS came with 14" steel rims as standard, don't put them back on ;) You'd probably be better off taking everything out that you want to keep, a potential buyer might not like the loook of the car with smaller rims on. Personally, I hate to see FTOs on 15" (and 16" to a ceratin extent), they don't do the car justice at all and give it an understated look. You'll sell the car quicker with decent rims on, I wouldn't worry about the head unit though, most people don't care too much about that side of things. If it was me, I'd leave the rims in place and use the opportunity to get a nicer set.

Ciaran
CJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby adrian » Thu Nov 27, 2003 12:28 pm

Where could I get a stereo that I could just throw into the car to sell it then, just something cheap and second hand???
adrian
Super FTO aficionado!
Super FTO aficionado!

Postby CJ » Thu Nov 27, 2003 12:31 pm

Rory has the standard double DIN for sale at the moment...

Ciaran
CJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to General FTO Discussion