Is this the car??

General FTO discussion only

Moderator: Moderators

Is this the car??

Postby soc » Wed Jun 04, 2003 11:15 am

I've come accross a black manual MIVEC in Kilkenny with 70K miles - no price as of yet and no possibility of a trade in. I suppose I should get a push on in selling the GS! And better check the old insurance..... now I'm getting excited :)l
soc
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby CJ » Wed Jun 04, 2003 12:23 pm

Don't get the hopes up to much but do get the finger out as you might miss the boat! If its the right car, take the plunge and sell your car later if you have to.

Is it listed anywhere, Autotrader, B&S etc?

Ciaran
CJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby soc » Wed Jun 04, 2003 3:45 pm

CJ wrote:Don't get the hopes up to much but do get the finger out as you might miss the boat! If its the right car, take the plunge and sell your car later if you have to.

Is it listed anywhere, Autotrader, B&S etc?

Ciaran

It's not listed anywhere - I heard about it from a mate. It's in Kilkenny. It's advertised as a FTP MIVEC R but I've seen some photos and it don't have a version R spoiler so I don't think it is a version R. I'd say it's a standard GPX but it's manual. Dunno how much they're looking for yet - all I got was "make an offer" - sure how can I do that without looking at the car????

Anyway - I'm not getting me hopes up cause I'd prefer to sell my car first.... it's going in CBG today (a freebie.... :)) so we'll see how effective CBG really are!
soc
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby CJ » Wed Jun 04, 2003 5:38 pm

I tried selling my GS in the CBG without much luck. I ended up sticking it in the Evening Herald (Thursday is 'Motoring' day) and sold it in a day. I see an FTO in the Herald about once every 2 months so it might be worth a try.

Ciaran
CJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Dean » Thu Jun 19, 2003 10:14 am

Hehe, well Shane, dont know how many calls you got from the CBG ad, but thats where I saw it. If I can get insurance and its in good condition, its probably a definite sale :) I was the guy who called you yesterday, still a bit nervous about the insurance tho. I am 6 months off 25 with an 8 years no claims bonus, trying to make a deal with the insurance company. Will find out today.

I am not a complete FTO nut (yet) so a 1.8 should do me for starters ;)
Dean
I prefer my FTO to the missus
I prefer my FTO to the missus

Return to General FTO Discussion