NCT Failed due to HIDs

Discuss issues related to the NCT \ MOT

Moderator: Moderators

NCT Failed due to HIDs

Postby Kace » Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:34 pm

I had the Audi in for an NCT the other day and I failed on the car having HIDs (aftermarket) but not having a headlight cleaning mechanism built into the car :shock: I asked the guy since when this was a requirement and he said - January.

He said I have 2 options - replace the bulbs or install wipers / a cleaning mechanism. PITA bulb swap now required every time I hit the NCT with that car !!

Looking forward to NCTing the FTO in a few months' time to see if they say the same thing with the HIDs on that.

My sense is that this was a case of a smart-arse NCT operative and that this is not the norm, but beware HID owners.

It will be interesting to see what happens with you GPVR owners when the time comes - please let us know !!

Anyone else with aftermarket HIDs that actually passes the NCT - let us know also.
| Silver 95 GPX Manual | 20 years MIVEC experience |
| Silver 09 Audi A5 | 2.0 TDI quattro S-Line Special Edition |
| Blue 04 Audi A4 Avant | 1.9 TDI S-Line | (wifemobile)
Kace
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Re: NCT Failed due to HIDs

Postby goz_83 » Tue Feb 18, 2014 4:38 am

Sounds like a load of bollix. My Nct is today and I have hids. I'm bringing the shotgun.
97 Manual GPX. Icecelle Blue.
Other Stuff: Induction kit. Front Strut. Apex Lowered. 17" Kahns. Quad exhaust. HID lights. Glow dials and rings/cups. Black leather seats. Window tints. Sunroof.
goz_83
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Return to NCT \ MOT