Adverts.ie Donedeal Gumtree

Use this forum to discuss anything and everything non-FTO related

Moderator: Moderators

Adverts.ie Donedeal Gumtree

Postby Kace » Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:20 pm

Keen to get your views on what the differences are between these sites and what's sold on them.

I'm a huge fan of Adverts and have bought and sold lots on it. Really like the feedback component to it - works really well and is free.

I have never purchased anything through Donedeal not Gumtree (yet). Donedeal seems to be full of cars, carparts, pets and all sorts. I can't understand why everyone pays on Donedeal when they can use Adverts for nothing (or am I missing something) ?

I am desperately seeking All Ireland tickets at present and Gumtree seemed to be the only place where any were listed. No idea why this is.

Any views out there ? Any Donedeal, Gumtree afficionados ?
| Silver 95 GPX Manual | 20 years MIVEC experience |
| Silver 09 Audi A5 | 2.0 TDI quattro S-Line Special Edition |
| Blue 04 Audi A4 Avant | 1.9 TDI S-Line | (wifemobile)
Kace
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Re: Adverts.ie Donedeal Gumtree

Postby goz_83 » Thu Sep 12, 2013 2:18 am

Donedeal: you list what you want, pay your fee and the stupid offers stay private. If selling a car, i always list on gumtree. Sold the 00 fto on dd. people pay for dd, because there is more traffic there.

Adverts: you list anything, but unless you set minimum offer, you get all sorts of jokers making silly offers they're not even serious about. The public "ask a question" is a good idea, but is more often abused. I have seen items listed for years and the comments page can be very long. Sold my mini via adverts.

Gumtree: the runt. I list stuff here, but never get interest. Its neglected.no harm in picking up the phone if you see somthing you like on there. I got a starter motor for my last fto on there.
97 Manual GPX. Icecelle Blue.
Other Stuff: Induction kit. Front Strut. Apex Lowered. 17" Kahns. Quad exhaust. HID lights. Glow dials and rings/cups. Black leather seats. Window tints. Sunroof.
goz_83
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Sebastian » Thu Sep 12, 2013 10:59 am

I used Gumtree a lot in the past few years , but for some reason it's not as good as it used to be . Adverts.ie it's like the local car boot market , you find anything there and sometimes cheapish but I would't sell my car on adverts . Donedeal it's a good place to advertise expensive stuff and i'd say a lot of cars/machinery are sold via DD.

Carzone/ buyandsell/autotrader does anyone use them anymore?
no1. manual GR 96 l no2. tip GR 95 l no3. manual Gpx 95 l no.4 manual Gpx 95 l no.5 manual Gpx 96 l no.6 tip GR 95 - in 2011 took a break from the FTO scene
Sebastian

Postby goz_83 » Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:30 pm

Sebastian wrote:I used Gumtree a lot in the past few years , but for some reason it's not as good as it used to be . Adverts.ie it's like the local car boot market , you find anything there and sometimes cheapish but I would't sell my car on adverts . Donedeal it's a good place to advertise expensive stuff and i'd say a lot of cars/machinery are sold via DD.

Carzone/ buyandsell/autotrader does anyone use them anymore?

If you set the minimum offer to the asking price on adverts.ie it weeds out the time wasters mostly. Also must be clear with NO SWAPS, or be offered rubbish. I got interest on both cars from both sites, but they were keenly priced too.

Stopped using buy andcsell, like everyone else. Car zone is mostly dealers it seems. Autotrader....too many northern cars last time i checked.
97 Manual GPX. Icecelle Blue.
Other Stuff: Induction kit. Front Strut. Apex Lowered. 17" Kahns. Quad exhaust. HID lights. Glow dials and rings/cups. Black leather seats. Window tints. Sunroof.
goz_83
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Return to Off Topic