Interested.

General FTO discussion only

Moderator: Moderators

Interested.

Postby gt-bal » Mon Nov 11, 2013 12:38 am

Hi guys. Glad to see the site still going strong and fto owners are becoming more. Unfortunately I must say goodbye to my beloved 95 gpx. Nothing wrong with her just now need bigger car. Not sure if to put her in storage or let some else have a great ride as I have. Anyway if any interest let me know if not I will put her away. Thanks guys.
gt-bal
1st gear
1st gear

Re: Interested.

Postby brccrx » Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:11 am

Hi, any pics, specs or anything, how do U want to gather the interest when U've nothing up?
Only one ever build 1.3 turbo Fto, 0.7 bar on stock internals...because your imagination is the only boundary :)
brccrx
FTO is my new religion
FTO is my new religion

Postby Mick ah » Mon Nov 11, 2013 12:19 pm

I second brccrx.

Need some details, and your expected level of financial compensation for letting her go.
Mick ah
Super unleaded
Super unleaded

Postby goz_83 » Mon Nov 11, 2013 2:35 pm

Interesting way of dodging the 10 post minimum in the for sale forum. :smt003

Some photos and a realistic guide price would help.
97 Manual GPX. Icecelle Blue.
Other Stuff: Induction kit. Front Strut. Apex Lowered. 17" Kahns. Quad exhaust. HID lights. Glow dials and rings/cups. Black leather seats. Window tints. Sunroof.
goz_83
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby gt-bal » Mon Nov 11, 2013 7:52 pm

Hi guys. I was only asking if there was interest then I would post mire details. So for posts I have put post up before. Just didn't write up all the details if no interest. Just been lazy. Lol.
gt-bal
1st gear
1st gear

Postby Mick ah » Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:42 pm

You'd probably have to give it away if it's on UK plates.

Well maybe not, it's a GPX, if she's manual you might get a few quid. But not much unfortunately.

Now pics and details please
Mick ah
Super unleaded
Super unleaded

Postby goz_83 » Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:10 pm

Mick is right. If the plates are not ROI, you will have almost no chance selling here unless the car is in great nick and the price is bottomed out. Maybe better to store her away. But no harm posting details here.
Other Stuff: Induction kit. Front Strut. Apex Lowered. 17" Kahns. Quad exhaust. HID lights. Glow dials and rings/cups. Black leather seats. Window tints. Sunroof.
goz_83
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby gt-bal » Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:02 pm

Thanks guy for your honest option. You prob right about the uk plates. Not sure how much it is to turn her into roi plate but you would have to add that onto the cost of the car. Basically it's a 95 gpx. Grey. Only round 86000 miles on her. Only does round 8000 miles a year. Trip gear box. Engine clean still real good poke from it. Never had any engine or gear box probs. has never had any mods done on it so sitting the way. It come out of the factory apart from a wee sport gear stick put in Still has its own alloys. Need little bit of TLC. I have look after it the best I could when money aloud it. Has a alarm fitted too. Usual little marks for a 18year old car but not in bad nick.
gt-bal
1st gear
1st gear

Postby goz_83 » Tue Nov 12, 2013 12:36 am

A trip gpx in reasonable shape can be got here for around £500. Of course, some ask for way more, but they just don't sell for anything over £800 here at the minute. I picked up a 98 Manual GPX for €800 earlier this year and sold her on for €1200 after fixing a couple of minor things. I picked up a 00 trip GX for €550, spent about another €600 getting it through the NCT and sold for €1150. A couple of weeks ago, I bought a 95 trip GR from a club member for €150, which was just out of tax and NCT. It's a bit rough, but Mick on here is getting her back in shape to hit the road. My own 97 Manual GPX would probably only fetch around €1500 and it is one of the best examples out there (imo). No way I would sell her unless I was given at least €3500 and a contractual promise that it would be treated like baby.

Your price would have to be under £300 if you were to get any whiff of interest here, because it's not the sought after manual GPX and it would have to be moved to ROI plates. Also, she is probably chipped to read miles and that messes up what the real mileage is, because nobody ever records what the odometer was reading before it was chipped, so you never know the genuine mileage.
goz_83
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby brccrx » Tue Nov 12, 2013 2:37 am

U have covered all in one short post goz :)
Only one ever build 1.3 turbo Fto, 0.7 bar on stock internals...because your imagination is the only boundary :)
brccrx
FTO is my new religion
FTO is my new religion

Postby gt-bal » Tue Nov 12, 2013 7:46 pm

Thanks guys. U only give it in miles as I am just used to saying it. She has not been chipped so is reading in km. you are scaring me with your costs. Woukd not like to be driving of them yokes at 500 euro. Death traps. Mines really tight and nice drive but not be selling any less than £1000.
gt-bal
1st gear
1st gear

Postby mivecrx » Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:24 pm

gt-bal wrote:Thanks guys. U only give it in miles as I am just used to saying it. She has not been chipped so is reading in km. you are scaring me with your costs. Woukd not like to be driving of them yokes at 500 euro. Death traps. Mines really tight and nice drive but not be selling any less than £1000.

You probably will be keeping it so, £1000 and vrt( 750e guess) so over 2k euro.

Nothing stopping a 500euro fto being as good as yours or even better. If they don't make big money that's just the way it is, it doesn't mean there deathtraps.
mivecrx
Have you seen my FTO tattoo?
Have you seen my FTO tattoo?

Postby goz_83 » Wed Nov 13, 2013 2:53 am

mivecrx wrote:
gt-bal wrote:Thanks guys. U only give it in miles as I am just used to saying it. She has not been chipped so is reading in km. you are scaring me with your costs. Woukd not like to be driving of them yokes at 500 euro. Death traps. Mines really tight and nice drive but not be selling any less than £1000.

You probably will be keeping it so, £1000 and vrt( 750e guess) so over 2k euro.

Nothing stopping a 500euro fto being as good as yours or even better. If they don't make big money that's just the way it is, it doesn't mean there deathtraps.

+1 on that.

The one i bought for €150 is no death trap by any stretch if the imagination. It will be back on the road with an nct soon. and the one i bought for €550 was in fantastic nick. It just needed a couple of time intensive jobs to get it right. The price of the fto in south Ireland has bottomed out. Road tax and high to impossible insurance has not helped. Your fto will not sell for that price to a southerner. As i already said, you should maybe keep it.
goz_83
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Mick ah » Wed Nov 13, 2013 11:35 pm

Too true. Me and Gary have seen some very good FTOs for very little money. Especially that manual GPX for 800. They just sell for feck all. Sucks if you're selling, great if you're buying.

gt-bal, you more than likely won't get £1000 for your GPX, regardless of condition. Store her away, properly (fluids drained, clean and shiney etc) and come back to her when you can. You never know, classic insurance might even start to increase the value of them in the coming years.

And yeah, that 150 one, looks crap, but is fantastic mechanically. Especially now that I have the breaks sorted.
Mick ah
Super unleaded
Super unleaded

Postby Wagalini » Thu Nov 14, 2013 9:25 am

Have you tried pistonheads.co.uk ? Selling to someone in the UK is your best bet and they still look to be making money on that site.
Wagalini
FTO nut!
FTO nut!

Postby Mick ah » Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:30 am

Yeah selling to someone in the UK is probably your best bet of making 1k.

http://cars.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/m ... ec/5981672

And to think some FTOs went for 10k during the boom.
Mick ah
Super unleaded
Super unleaded

Postby gt-bal » Thu Nov 14, 2013 7:58 pm

Thanks guys for all you info. Think ill put her away till the new year anyway. Try to sell up north here if nothing ill just keep her and go for classic insurance. I alway thought I'd never los to much on her but that's the way tge market goes. Bought her in Glasgow 4 years ago for £2000 good deal back then.
gt-bal
1st gear
1st gear

Return to General FTO Discussion