Mitsubishi Concept X

Discuss other marques here

Moderator: Moderators

Mitsubishi Concept X

Postby Mustang » Wed Nov 30, 2005 3:12 pm

Me Like! Looks like a galant on steroids from the front. Love that agressive front. It is supposed to be the face of the next generation lancer evo.
Keeping with the traditional format 2L 4cyl turbo with 4wd. It has a sequential auto box (6 speed I think).
Opinions?
Mustang
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby kevinod » Wed Nov 30, 2005 3:17 pm

Thats an angry looking car, even the back makes it look like its in bad form!

The one thing I would say is that it isn't that different to stuff coming out now, it won't be long before the bit of an edge it has isn't an edge anymore.

i do like it though, nice looking car!
Steel Silver manual GR (95 C)
kevinod

Postby Myfeckin FTO » Wed Nov 30, 2005 4:29 pm

Yip - Its the new EVO X .

Looks to me like they've made the car bigger (& heavier) - never a good way to improve a performance car IMO.
Certainly looks a lot better - though Mitsi has obviously taken a lot of its styling cues from the modified car industry - some good some not so good - rear diffuser - vented bonnett - vented front wings - alloy fuel cap ( :roll: ) - Lexarse lights (though I like the front LED's) - those alloys also look massive (18's/19's???) so performance is clearly not the be all and end all of this car which is what made the Evo IV/V/VI great cars.

I can see some traditional EVO heads lamenting the loss of what attracted them to an EVO in the 1st place. I don't see this particular EVO hammering down a WRC stage anytime soon.
Myfeckin FTO
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Mustang » Wed Nov 30, 2005 4:33 pm

Myfeckin FTO wrote:Yip - Its the new EVO X .

Looks to me like they've made the car bigger (& heavier) - never a good way to improve a performance car IMO.
Certainly looks a lot better - though Mitsi has obviously taken a lot of its styling cues from the modified car industry - some good some not so good - rear diffuser - vented bonnett - vented front wings - alloy fuel cap ( :roll: ) - Lexarse lights (though I like the front LED's) - those alloys also look massive (18's/19's???) so performance is clearly not the be all and end all of this car which is what made the Evo IV/V/VI great cars.

I can see some traditional EVO heads lamenting the loss of what attracted them to an EVO in the 1st place. I don't see this particular EVO hammering down a WRC stage anytime soon.

Looks more like a suitable replcement for the galant VR4 than the lancer evo. Still like it though.
Mustang
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Myfeckin FTO » Wed Nov 30, 2005 4:41 pm

Mustang wrote:Looks more like a suitable replcement for the galant VR4 than the lancer evo. Still like it though.

Agreed - It really is VR4 territory. And don't get me wrong - I like it too - theres just a couple of areas I would have changed.

But the next WRC car Mitsi produce is likely to be based on the aforementioned Colt with a 4WD system similar to what Citreon have been doing (v successfully) with their (humdrum as a road car) Xsara (sorry Kev).
Myfeckin FTO
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby kevinod » Wed Nov 30, 2005 7:12 pm

Myfeckin FTO wrote:But the next WRC car Mitsi produce is likely to be based on the aforementioned Colt with a 4WD system similar to what Citreon have been doing (v successfully) with their (humdrum as a road car) Xsara (sorry Kev).

I'm still a big fan of the road going Xsara, everytime I sit into it those seats (the ones that came std on 1.8 + 2.0Ls)... man they're comfortable! Wouldn't say anything against them except for their unfortunate fall in value as they get through the years. Ah well, all to their own! :wink:

The WRC cars and the road going cars have VERY little in common though, its great advertising for the winning manufacturers, but the championship winning Xsara has a similar shaped body shell as the road going car, but probably very little else. Same for the others- Scoobies, Fords, Peugeots, etc.

Its the P-WRC (production) cars section that probably have any mechanical resemblence.

Actually the one thing that strikes me is that its like a big american car...
Steel Silver manual GR (95 C)
kevinod

Return to Other Cars