temp insurance

Compare and discuss insurance quotes here (Registered users only)

Moderator: Moderators

temp insurance

Postby Helen » Thu Mar 24, 2005 2:20 pm

does anyone know if it is possible to take out temp insurance on a car, i only found out that if she if left sitting up for 7 weeks that she will not be covered.
Helen
FTO nut!
FTO nut!

Postby kevinod » Thu Mar 24, 2005 2:44 pm

You mean the car won't be covered while its parked waiting for the new insurance to kick in?

That is an excellent point, had my Xsara parked at home for a while after I got my FTO and it didn't dawn on me that it wouldn't be insured! My brother is driving it now though so its fine but his ZX is there until a few bits are done to it and its sold.

Haven't come across temp insurance, let us know if you do find some though, might need to look into that.

Kev.
Steel Silver manual GR (95 C)
kevinod

Postby Helen » Thu Mar 24, 2005 3:10 pm

i never thought about it either until someone said it to me, if it gets stolen or something happens it at all ya have to just take the loss of the money. if i knew that i would have held out on buying it,
Helen
FTO nut!
FTO nut!

Postby CJ » Thu Mar 24, 2005 3:13 pm

Helen, what insurance company told you that the car won't be insured if its laid up? As regards a tempory policy, good luck, I was looking for temporary insurance not so long ago and no one would entertain me.

CJ

Note: moved thread to Motor Insurance forum.
CJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Helen » Thu Mar 24, 2005 3:18 pm

Did you try all the main companies, if you did and they would not do it there is no point me even trying.
Helen
FTO nut!
FTO nut!

Postby Neil » Tue Mar 29, 2005 10:58 pm

where is it parked? If its in a driveway or something try and see if you can get youre house insurance to cover it (hey it works for parked boats??)
Neil
FTO is my life
FTO is my life

Postby Helen » Wed Mar 30, 2005 9:56 am

already tried that, they wont cover it, i asked about the garage contents also but no go there either
Helen
FTO nut!
FTO nut!

Return to Motor Insurance