06 Zafira starting issue. F code?

Discuss other marques here

Moderator: Moderators

06 Zafira starting issue. F code?

Postby goz_83 » Tue Dec 03, 2013 1:22 am

Posted this on boards and surprised to get no bites.

The wifes 06 manual Zafira didn't start for a minute this morning. Just as I was about to have a look, she turned the key again and it started. She said an "F" symbol was displaying where the temperature is normally displayed. I don't think it is there now.

Looked it up online and couldn't find much. Found 3 links. 1 to the manual, where it just says " Display F indicates a fault" and feck all else. Another link was to a forum, suggesting a flat battery and knackered alternator. The last one was to a repair offer on ebay for an actuator unit off an easytronic gearbox, which we don't have.

Anyone know what this is?
97 Manual GPX. Icecelle Blue.
Other Stuff: Induction kit. Front Strut. Apex Lowered. 17" Kahns. Quad exhaust. HID lights. Glow dials and rings/cups. Black leather seats. Window tints. Sunroof.
goz_83
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Re: 06 Zafira starting issue. F code?

Postby mivecrx » Tue Dec 03, 2013 4:58 am

With the key out, press both brake and accelerator pedal and hold. Then(still holding pedals) put the key in and turn to second position(ignition on) and any fault codes will appear on the odometer,it will appear like ECNxxxxxx. Now replace the ECN with P and remove the two last digits and that's your fault code. Google the code to get the meaning.

When you say it wouldn't start, would it turn over? If it didn't a common fault is the immobiliser sender I'm car or key.
mivecrx
Have you seen my FTO tattoo?
Have you seen my FTO tattoo?

Re: 06 Zafira starting issue. F code?

Postby goz_83 » Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:07 am

Thanks. Will try that later
97 Manual GPX. Icecelle Blue.
Other Stuff: Induction kit. Front Strut. Apex Lowered. 17" Kahns. Quad exhaust. HID lights. Glow dials and rings/cups. Black leather seats. Window tints. Sunroof.
goz_83
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Return to Other Cars