fto gpx wheel offsets

Technical questions and discussion

Moderator: Moderators

fto gpx wheel offsets

Postby AL » Tue Dec 28, 2004 9:33 pm

ive just seen a lovely set of alloys on a white evo 6, the bloke is willing to sell them at a price, but were not too sure about the offsets, i know the fto (standard) offset is 32mm and the evo 6 (standard) offset is 45/46mm.
as far as i know the wheels are 45 offset.

they are 17" rays challenge alloys using 17"/45/225 rubber on the rears and 17"/45/215 rubber on the fronts, does anyone here know what is the max offset i could use, can i get shims readily available to suit these, i want to avoid modifying wheelarches etc................................ is this setup a goer. the wheels are white 2 piece sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet
AL
I prefer my FTO to the missus

Postby CJ » Wed Dec 29, 2004 10:14 am

Al, the offset on the Evo 6 whells are too big for the FTO, you really shouldn't be going any bigger than 38mm (see this post with info from MfFTO here)
I'm not too sure if I'd want to messing about too much shims and the like, your wheels might look great but the handling will suffer.

CJ
CJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

cheers CJ

Postby AL » Wed Dec 29, 2004 3:25 pm

i wasnt too sure, not much range to play with eh :cry: . oh well back to drawing board.
AL

Postby kevinod » Wed Dec 29, 2004 3:38 pm

While on the topic, anyone know of other cars who's wheels will fit on the FTO? I think I saw a mention that Ford Probe wheels are the same fit?? Not the best 'wheel donor' but another car fit to look for... Also, my old front wheels ( ya know the ones that didn't match the back wheels :roll: ) are Nissan branded, so I think one or more of those must be a compatible match?

MR2, anyone know if those ones fit?

Kev.
Steel Silver manual GR (95 C)
kevinod

Postby Diddler » Wed Dec 29, 2004 3:48 pm

Kev,

As far as i know so far :

SKYLINE SUPRA FTO EVO RX7 RX8 & PROBE
Diddler
FTO nut!
FTO nut!

Postby CJ » Wed Dec 29, 2004 6:18 pm

Diddler wrote:Kev,

As far as i know so far :

SKYLINE SUPRA FTO EVO RX7 RX8 & PROBE

Diddler, where did you get your list from out of interest? The Evo PCD and offset is way off track for the FTO. Ford Probe and the older style (Mk-II ?) MR-2 are two that I'm aware of.

CJ
CJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby kevinod » Thu Dec 30, 2004 2:22 am

Thanks for that list Diddler, put "alloy wheel pcd supra" into Google and in the results came across the following link, which seems the biz:

http://www.leightyres.co.uk/catalog/fitment.php

It's a list of car makes & models and lists each ones pcd, offset and bore. Looking through that list, going on pcd of 114.3, 5 stud, some interesting possibilities come up (bore is about 65, right?) - Probe 92>, Nissans of 200SX 94> & 300ZX (maybe thats where my old wheels came from!), Toyotas of (although mentions bore of 60) MR2 91>, Supra 92>.

Another link, http://www.idealcarsupermarket.co.uk/default.htm?page=184, another similar list. Anyone fancy a nice set of Daihatsu Terios wheels? :wink: This one includes Mitsis, no FTO but the Eclipse and Simga have a similar fit.
Steel Silver manual GR (95 C)
kevinod

Return to FTO Technical