My Experience with Sarsfield Motors!!

Use this forum to discuss anything and everything non-FTO related

Moderator: Moderators

My Experience with Sarsfield Motors!!

Postby RussMan » Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:54 am

HI,

Just thought I'd share my experience with dealing with Sarsfield motors recently so you can see how "dire straights" the motor industry is (No sarcasm there!)

I've been looking about for a 4 seater coupe and spotted a BMW 650 which was apparently fully loaded so thought it appropriate to call and see whether they were interested in a trade in of my 2007 313 bhp 350z (Might I add its a mint) . I expressed m interest in a test drive and advised I'd call all the way out from Stepaside out to Kilmainham to see it and get a spin. I called in advance and gave plenty of notice (2-3 hours) and when I arrived noticed the car was sitting in the showroom, un moved and blocked by another car. I then gave the Sales guy my keys and left him to look over the Z while I took a look at the 650 which looked pretty nice besides some scratching on the rear bumper and a large dent and a number of stone chips on the bonnet and come light scratches on most panels. Besides all that the car was well kitted out.

I then asked for the test drive which I was advised he'd come back to me later that day and discuss figures and no test drive until then. I asked for an explanation as over the phone I was advised he'd get me out for a spin in the car (If he was concerned over my driving skills he could drive it himself ffs) .
I left pretty pissed off and then waited for a call on the Saturday and received none. No callback Sunday or Monday so I called this morning as I'm organising a test drive hopefully with Lambe in Fairview. No apology for not getting back to me and then insulted me by offering me 20k.... Answer "Good Bye"

It shocks me that in the current market and with a genuine buyer that some dealers still think they can make sales without providing pre-sales customer support. Who in there right mind would buy a car from a dealer these days thats €€€€€€€€ and no be concerned about what happens after the sale is made when the experience before the sale is Crap!

Any thoughts? Apologies if i'm ranting but just a bit pissed off
Russ
???? - Ferrari F355 Berlinetta
2007 Nissan 350z GT
2004 Nissan 350z GT
1998 Mitsubishi FTO GPvR
1997 Mazda Mx-3
RussMan
I'm addicted to my FTO
I'm addicted to my FTO

Re: My Experience with Sarsfield Motors!!

Postby Dave » Tue Sep 29, 2009 1:04 pm

I feel for you Russ, but to be honest, the vast majority of car dealers are like this, well any of the ones I've dealt with! It's as if they couldn't care less about getting your business.... granted it may be different after sales, but on the Nissan front, I only dealth with a Nissan garage in the North and they were a million times better than any dealer I have dealt with in the south... As for the trade in price, seems to be a little low, but I wouldn't have thought that you'd get top dollar for your Zed in this market, yes dealers are crying out for second hand cars, but they want the bread and butter cars, the smaller cheap cars that sell easily and won't incur much if any depreciation!
Dave
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby colm_mcm » Tue Sep 29, 2009 1:40 pm

It's well accepted that Sarsfield are ignorant to deal with.

Here are some sample tales:

No log book after 6 weeks

No log book after 5 months

I've also seen evidence of clocking in their adverts, as the cars were advertised through owners clubs etc by the previous owners.

I find it unbelievable that they would refuse a test drive. I'm guessing the salesman has no interest in selling the car as it's losing money, or he knows there's something wrong with it.
colm_mcm

Postby soc » Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:05 am

Russ, think of it as a lucky escape ;)

Anyway you're too young to drive a 6 series 8)
soc
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Return to Off Topic