GPX for sale

Use this forum to buy or sell your FTO or FTO parts (Private adverts only)

Moderator: Moderators

GPX for sale

Postby zacob » Thu Sep 09, 2004 2:01 pm

zacob
FTO nut!
FTO nut!

Postby Mustang » Thu Sep 09, 2004 3:33 pm

Zacob,
You in the market? This is very close to my home patch.
When I was looking a few month back he had a 95' black GR tip. Then got in another 95' black (GR I think) and this white GPX. I've seen both, but only in passing. (I thoght it was a GPX tip when I saw it advertised in the local rag..advertised as a manual here, maybe I have my wires crossed).
The guy to talk to is Philip, very reasonable sort. Not your usual Arthur Daly type :wink:

Mustang
Mustang
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby zacob » Fri Sep 10, 2004 2:05 pm

Not looking just yet. I have a 96gr at the moment. Hope in a few months to get maybe a 98 model. The main reason for changing is the 96 model only has one airbag and also the ABS only came in 97 (i think). Is there much of a difference in the ABS model. Are there any other add ons in the later models. :?:
zacob
FTO nut!
FTO nut!

Postby Mustang » Fri Sep 10, 2004 2:19 pm

Zacob,
I can't advise on specs, maybe one of the of the lads can? My car is a '97 GR sports pack. However it one of the last of the line old shape cars. One airbag no ABS. Maybe ABS was an option on earlier models?
I think that the facelift models all have ABS. Anyway just because it's a '97 (or later) does not necessarily mean it will have abs.
The main reason for changing is the 96 model only has one airbag and also the ABS only came in 97 (i think).

Anyway sounds to me like you want a volvo :wink:

Did you see the white '99 FTO gpx manual in the B&S for €16k :?:
CHE....CHING :!:
Mustang
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Mustang » Fri Sep 10, 2004 2:20 pm

:!:
Last edited by Mustang on Fri Sep 10, 2004 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mustang
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby kevinod » Fri Sep 10, 2004 2:22 pm

zacob wrote:Not looking just yet. I have a 96gr at the moment. Hope in a few months to get maybe a 98 model. The main reason for changing is the 96 model only has one airbag and also the ABS only came in 97 (i think). Is there much of a difference in the ABS model. Are there any other add ons in the later models. :?:

Forgetting i didn't have ABS anymore, my Xsara has that...

Must look it up myself, but is ABS 'add-on-able'? i.e. 'just' replace some bits in the brake system, add sensors on each wheel + a control box, or does it go through the ECU in which case you'd need to replace that?

Think I'll check the workshop manual on the ABS section at home later on but just curious if anyone here has an idea offhand...

Kev.
Steel Silver manual GR (95 C)
kevinod

Postby CJ » Fri Sep 10, 2004 2:32 pm

kevinod wrote:Must look it up myself, but is ABS 'add-on-able'? .

It could be done but it would cost you a fair whack. AFAIK, ABS was an option on pre 97 cars, all facelifts have ABS as standard.

CJ
CJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Mustang » Sun Sep 12, 2004 2:34 pm

I just checked the add in the local rag...car is described as being tiptronic.
I think the manual description on carzone is probably incorrect. Think he's using some artistic license to describe the transmission :wink:
Mustang
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Return to For Sale