marc

Say hello to other forum members

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Please familiarise yourself with the forum rules before posting!

marc

Postby marc garrett » Wed Jun 22, 2005 9:44 pm

i finally got one.got myself a 97 manual gr.black face lift.fairly sweet if i do say so myself.have not got regular access to the net so ill find it hard to keep in touch but im sure dave will keep me informed of meets etc.talk soon
marc garrett
Unleaded
Unleaded

Postby kevinod » Wed Jun 22, 2005 10:08 pm

Nice one Marc, congrats!

Is it standard or any interesting mods on it?

Kev.
Steel Silver manual GR (95 C)
kevinod

Postby CJ » Thu Jun 23, 2005 8:36 am

Good news marc, about time ;)

CJ
CJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: marc

Postby Daz » Thu Jun 23, 2005 8:54 am

marc garrett wrote:i finally got one.got myself a 97 manual gr.black face lift.fairly sweet if i do say so myself.have not got regular access to the net so ill find it hard to keep in touch but im sure dave will keep me informed of meets etc.talk soon

Excellent, hope you have many hours of enjoyable motoring :D

Daz...
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive, anyway.
18 yrs an owner presently on my 4th a Manual Gpx with twin turbo conversion, in Daytona Blue
Daz
Financially Troubled & Overdrawn!

Postby Dave » Thu Jun 23, 2005 8:59 am

i will confirm it's one sweet motor, tried out against the GPX tip and it still pulls away, not much mind you but just shows how much power the tip box saps!

CJ, did Neil send you on any pictures? i haven't bothered hosting them anywhere!
Dave
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Myfeckin FTO » Thu Jun 23, 2005 9:25 am

Dave wrote:i will confirm it's one sweet motor, tried out against the GPX tip and it still pulls away, not much mind you but just shows how much power the tip box saps! !

Drove my cousins 98 GS manual over the weekend and was surprised by how peppy it was - nothing like GPX manual power but still was an enjoyable drive.

The problem with the tip is trying to keep it within the optimum powerband - it just doesn't have the same urgency as a manual.

Still I'd rather a Tip GPX to a Manual GR if only for the Mivec sound.
Myfeckin FTO
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Dave » Thu Jun 23, 2005 9:27 am

the facelift GR has that extra 10Bhp though doesn't it?
it's pretty urgent when you're putting the boot down, i still haven't had the pleasure of driving a manual GPX but i'll hold out until i have the turbo conversion done! :twisted:
Dave
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Myfeckin FTO » Thu Jun 23, 2005 9:38 am

Dave wrote:the facelift GR has that extra 10Bhp though doesn't it?
it's pretty urgent when you're putting the boot down, i still haven't had the pleasure of driving a manual GPX but i'll hold out until i have the turbo conversion done! :twisted:

Well - you're welcome to take mine for a spin whenever - if you'd been at the Kerry meet we could have swopped for a couple of hours. I got a chance to drive CJs car - Man that car is TIGHT - excellent handling on the upgraded dampers and springs with the F&R strut braces, uprated droplinks, bushes etc - really good feel on the road - Made me think about upgrading my own dampers and springs to be honest - maybe get a lower strut brace on as well.
Myfeckin FTO
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Dave » Thu Jun 23, 2005 9:44 am

suspension upgrade is definitely on my list! car is feeling a little off lately and with extra power that's not necessarily a good thing!
Dave
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby soc » Thu Jun 23, 2005 12:41 pm

Myfeckin FTO wrote: I got a chance to drive CJs car - Man that car is TIGHT - excellent handling on the upgraded dampers and springs with the F&R strut braces, uprated droplinks, bushes etc - really good feel on the road -

I remember CJ let me drive his last summer and I thought exactly the same thing - a very, very solid, tight feeling car. I was very impressed.
soc
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby CJ » Thu Jun 23, 2005 12:50 pm

shane wrote:I remember CJ let me drive his last summer and I thought exactly the same thing - a very, very solid, tight feeling car. I was very impressed.

That was before the suspension refit and bushes went in, all I need now are decent tyres (the Eagle F1s tend to let you down in the wet).

CJ
CJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby soc » Thu Jun 23, 2005 2:07 pm

CJ wrote:
shane wrote:I remember CJ let me drive his last summer and I thought exactly the same thing - a very, very solid, tight feeling car. I was very impressed.

That was before the suspension refit and bushes went in, all I need now are decent tyres (the Eagle F1s tend to let you down in the wet).

CJ

I'm thinking of getting some Vredestein Ultrac's for the golf - I heard they're supposed to be brilliant. 225/40x18's are 146 with eiretyres - the RRP "apparently" is 290.
soc
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Daz » Thu Jun 23, 2005 2:51 pm

CJ wrote:

CJ

toyo proxes T1's i haven't used anything else for the last 6 years i swear by them.

Daz...
18 yrs an owner presently on my 4th a Manual Gpx with twin turbo conversion, in Daytona Blue
Daz

Postby soc » Thu Jun 23, 2005 2:53 pm

Daz wrote:
CJ wrote:

CJ

toyo proxs T1's i haven't used anything else for the last 6 years i swear by them.

Daz...

I do too but I always thought the sidewall was too high on them compared to other tyres...
soc
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Daz » Thu Jun 23, 2005 2:57 pm

shane wrote:I do too but I always thought the sidewall was too high on them compared to other tyres...

Ah yes it is high but that gives good rim protection espically on the larger diam wheels.

Daz...
Daz

Postby Myfeckin FTO » Thu Jun 23, 2005 2:59 pm

shane wrote:
I'm thinking of getting some Vredestein Ultrac's for the golf - I heard they're supposed to be brilliant. 225/40x18's are 146 with eiretyres - the RRP "apparently" is 290.

I heard some good comments about them as well - not sure how they would stack up against GSD3 F1's, Perilli PZero Nero's or Bridgestone 050's etc. If there isn't much in it money wise I'd still go for the more established brands.
Myfeckin FTO
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Return to Introduce yourself