Jap Heaven Meet - Dublin 28th of November

This forum is a means of informing the community on up and coming meets and events

Moderators: Moderators, Event Organisers

Jap Heaven Meet - Dublin 28th of November

Postby CJ » Fri Nov 12, 2004 5:35 pm

Posted on behalf of www.jap-heaven.com

CJ

CJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Jap Heaven Meet - Dublin 28th of November

Postby soc » Fri Nov 12, 2004 7:14 pm

if there was a way to guarantee the absence of the 4" bean can micra driving fraternity I'd go along just to look at some of the cars but as that's gonna be impossible it's highly unlikely I'd be at this...... oh yea, that and the fact I don't have a japanese car (probably get lynched if I turned up in a golf):-)
soc
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Jap Heaven » Fri Nov 12, 2004 7:24 pm

Howdee mate :D And thanks for putting this up for us.

There is no way possible to deter these people but from the last 2 events we organised up north with 5-600 proper jap motors attending we hope that only proper mature people will be attending.

We have a gallery off the last 2 if you were interested in seeing the motors that turned up
Jap Heaven
1st gear
1st gear

Postby soc » Fri Nov 12, 2004 8:10 pm

Jap Heaven wrote:Howdee mate :D And thanks for putting this up for us.

There is no way possible to deter these people

Yea I totally understand - it comes with the territory unfortunately which results in most non-petrol heads automatically assuming that because you like cars or drive a fast and/or modified car you are a chav, all thanks to the few idiots driving like loons and generally acting the ar$e in their badly modified micras (except on those nights they've managed to steal a fiseta) - ah well :-) (NOI to any non-chav micra or fiesta drivers :wink:)

but from the last 2 events we organised up north with 5-600 proper jap motors attending we hope that only proper mature people will be attending.

We have a gallery off the last 2 if you were interested in seeing the motors that turned up

That's a pretty amazing turn out - I could be convinced to go along to see some of the cars if a few of the other FTO lads (and lassies) were thinking about it - unfortunately like I said I sold my FTO and am now driving a golf gti (purely because I am very weak and my wife told me to do it :r )

hey cj, that'd be the right context for that emocion right?
soc
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby CJ » Fri Nov 12, 2004 8:42 pm

shane wrote:hey cj, that'd be the right context for that emocion right?

Absolutely, I'm not saying that Golfs are :r but some people think they exude a certain :r ness, thats not a slur on the driver mind you, seeing as you have a wife, theres no chance of you being :r, or is there? :wink:

CJ
CJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Jap Heaven » Fri Nov 12, 2004 8:48 pm

Haha :r :r :r

Pop along mate in your :r errr.... i mean :r ...... damn .... the golf :D
Jap Heaven
1st gear
1st gear

Postby CJ » Fri Nov 12, 2004 8:58 pm

Enough of that :r stuff and back to the meet. I'd be up for this one, what about the rest of you lads? It would certainly kill a few hours on a Sunday afternoon and afford us the opportunity to check out some decent jap motors and show off our own ;) As regards the sham element that Shane can't help but mention at every opportunity (damn southsiders, NOI lad ;)), this is gonna be an issue regardless, if you go to enough car shows\events\meets, you get used to it and it becomes less of an issue.

How are we fixed?

CJ
CJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby soc » Fri Nov 12, 2004 9:05 pm

Jap Heaven wrote:Haha :r :r :r

Pop along mate in your :r errr.... i mean :r ...... damn .... the golf :D

Steady on boys.......

I can happily confirm that I am indeed a straight married man :twisted: and maybe oneday (after it get's Revo'd) the golf can claim to be straight too..... :P

CJ, I should get you out for spin - you might be suprised (as long as you don't have to go round any bends yet.....)
soc
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby CJ » Fri Nov 12, 2004 9:07 pm

shane wrote:CJ, I should get you out for spin - you might be suprised

Looking forward to it :)

CJ
CJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby soc » Fri Nov 12, 2004 9:18 pm

man I need to go home........ :evil:
soc
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby CJ » Tue Nov 23, 2004 6:59 pm

Guys, anyone planning on going along to this meet on Sunday?

CJ
CJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby soc » Tue Nov 23, 2004 7:42 pm

CJ wrote:Guys, anyone planning on going along to this meet on Sunday?

CJ

I've stuff on - but to be honest I probably wouldn't go anyway - saving me money for Revo
soc
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby CJ » Tue Nov 23, 2004 9:06 pm

shane wrote:saving me money for Revo

All you'd be spending money on is petrol! :)

CJ
CJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby soc » Wed Nov 24, 2004 12:34 pm

CJ wrote:
shane wrote:saving me money for Revo

All you'd be spending money on is petrol! :)

CJ

I hope not but I heard a rumour that you have to run 97/98 RON with the Revo chip - I hope not cause at €1.22 that could be a bit to rich for my blood.
soc
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Jap Heaven » Sat Nov 27, 2004 7:45 pm

So we got many of you lads coming along ?

Just to make everyone aware that the night out has been cancelled as we didn't see enough interest etc for organising of Taxi's and free passes for the night out so for all those that were interested and forgot to contact maybe in the new year we can arrange something.

As for the meet thats is still going ahead and here is some directions for all interested :

" 1-From M50 or M1 motorways take the exit for Dublin Airport,turn right at Airport roundabout then left a the next smaller roundabout.About half a mile up that road there is a layby on the right,thats the meeting point for 2pm.

2-To go to the meet location from the M50 go straight on at the Airport exit and go straight through the big rounabout and straight through the next small roundabout headind for Malahide.At the next junction take a left at the traffic lights and carry on straight for a couple of miles,when you pass through Malahide village there is a carpark about 500mtrs up on the left side opposite the Island View Hotel.The car park has a yellow height restriction bar at the entrance.Meeting there at 2.30pm.

3-To go to the meet location from the M1 go straight on at the Airport exit and go left at the next exit(M50) heading for Malahide and then follow the instructions above.

John_s13 "
Jap Heaven
1st gear
1st gear

Postby Mustang » Tue Nov 30, 2004 4:49 pm

CJ,
Did you go along in the end? If so what did you think? The feedback on the IMOC was not so good.

Mustang
Mustang
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby CJ » Wed Dec 01, 2004 12:22 pm

Mustang wrote:CJ,
Did you go along in the end? If so what did you think? The feedback on the IMOC was not so good.

Bearing in mind the lack of interest from fellow owners, I didn't bother heading along in the end.

CJ
CJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Irish FTO meets