Danny Kierans

Say hello to other forum members

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Please familiarise yourself with the forum rules before posting!

Postby Danny Kierans » Sat May 21, 2005 12:28 pm

HI.
JUST GOT MY FIRST FTO SEP 04.WAS LOOKING 4 ONE A FEW MONTHS.WANTED A MI-VEC MANUAL BUT HARD 2 GET NICE CLEAN ONE SO GOT GOT 1996 GR MANUAL..NOW SPENDING ALOT OF TIME AND MONEY 2 MAKE IT FASTER AND KITTING IT OUT...FOUND THIS SITE LOOKING 4 BODY KIT IDEAS AND FOUND IT GOOD... :)
Danny Kierans
I'm addicted to my FTO
I'm addicted to my FTO

Postby CJ » Sat May 21, 2005 4:21 pm

Welcome Danny :)

What do you have planned as regards a body kit?

CJ
CJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Danny Kierans » Sat May 21, 2005 5:36 pm

HI THERE.

STILL TRYING 2 MAKE UP MY MIND.IM LOOKING A WHILE AND ALL I CAN FIND IS FIBRE GLASS BUMPERS!MY PROB IS MY CAR IS RED BUT IM CHANGING IT TO KANDY RED..ITS ALOT OF WORK TO DO IT WINDOWS OUT AND INSIDE DOORS.AND THEN ABOUT 9 COATS OF PAINT..SO DONT WANT F/GLASS IT WOULD CLIP AND U CANT TOUCH IT UP LIKE NOMAL PAINT.

BUT IF I CANT FIND PLASTIC BUMPERS I'LL PUT ON VELSIDE FRONT OR JUST A LOWER ADD ON AND I HAVE HIRO SIDE SKIRTS ON IT,WHICH ARE ABIT NORM BUT GOOD STRONG PLASTIC ONE'S.

I HAVE FOUND A GROUP MAKING FULL KITS WITH HIS ON REAR BUMPER 4 THEM WHICH IS NOT BAD U HAVE A PIC IN YOUR GALLERY.THE ONLY THING IS F/GLASS :?:

ON THE OTHER THING TUNING U HAVE A MI-VEC.YES.WELL SO FAR I HAVE DONE CAT BY-PASS,ITG FILTER AND LOWERED ON APEX.GOING TO ORDER ICON CHIP AND HIGH PRESSURE FUEL PUMP FROM CAMSKILL(GOOD LADS) :D :D IS THERE ANYTHING ELSE TRYING TO FIND 3''MANAFOLD TO MATCH THE REST WOULD IT HELP :?: OR DO U KNOW SOME TUNING GUYS :?:
Danny Kierans
I'm addicted to my FTO
I'm addicted to my FTO

Postby CJ » Sat May 21, 2005 6:57 pm

Firstly Danny. stop shouting and turn off your caps lock ;)

Personally, I wouldn't bother with the Icon chip unless you're going the whole hog and getting a set of modified downpipes and manifolds, a fuel pressure regulator (speak with Dave on the forum about these - he can supply) and an aftermarket exhaust system. Even with all of the above, you'll do well to release an extra 20bhp.

As regards a high flow fuel pump, I would have thought that you would need larger injectors to realise any benefit, have you got advice on this point from another source?

CJ
CJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Danny Kierans » Sat May 21, 2005 7:34 pm

When looking around just found all these things 4 sell.And know lads into rallying and they said fuel pump and icon will help responce.Then manifolds and e.c.u chip and cat gone 3''all the way front 2 back should bring up about 30bhp to 40bhp it would cost around 1.5k it sould realy for that money.Maybe not?have boys done that,

Have driven a integra v-tec with icon then toke it off and there was responce dif.Twin-cam rwd corolla as well.

I seen a gr turbo on the net in england.Is that done or is it stay away :?: .
does the gpx feel much qicker?
Danny Kierans
I'm addicted to my FTO
I'm addicted to my FTO

welcome

Postby marc garrett » Sun May 22, 2005 1:49 pm

just wondering were ya purchesed your fto.was it of a site or through the buy and sell etc
marc garrett
Unleaded
Unleaded

Postby Danny Kierans » Sun May 22, 2005 2:56 pm

I was looking a few months in everything bey+sell,carzone,autotrader.Had went to look at a good few but im every picky when its cars.Had driven a few tip ones but realy wanted manual.Anyway i found mine on the net by carzone in a skoda dealer in galway who brings in mpv's and he seen this over in japan and brought it in.i was just lucky i think.Had to drive down and get her in galway and then v.r.t it.

Them sites are good with the search on them.Just search every few days!!!
Danny Kierans
I'm addicted to my FTO
I'm addicted to my FTO

cheers

Postby marc garrett » Sun May 22, 2005 9:11 pm

cheers.yeah ive being doing that.i am in the same boat that you were in a while back.searching :roll:

might have one sorted out but i am like yourself it has to be manual.
welcome to the site.

talk to ya
marc garrett
Unleaded
Unleaded

Postby Mustang » Mon May 23, 2005 9:23 am

DK wrote
i found mine on the net by carzone in a skoda dealer in galway

I that a '96 red manual GR with after market wheels?
Mustang
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Danny Kierans » Mon May 23, 2005 9:42 am

Well mustang.

Yes thats the 1.I think she's a nice car.Done a few change's 2 her new 18''wheels,paint job and a good service and she drive's well.Much better fto then others i drove.You seen it around your area.How do u know it.?
Danny Kierans
I'm addicted to my FTO
I'm addicted to my FTO

Postby Mustang » Mon May 23, 2005 9:52 am

There was one available in Galway when I was looking, that fits that description.....only saw photos though. I thought it was a Daewoo dealer though. (Chevy now I guess)
Mustang
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Danny Kierans » Mon May 23, 2005 10:29 am

Sorry your right it was daewoo.Didnt look that well in photo,but i was happy when i got there and he traded her out to me so was very happy :lol: :lol: .Seen u sold your's that a sad day :cry: :cry: I have just got my own house 1year now it not easy to get on the ladder.good luck..
Danny Kierans
I'm addicted to my FTO
I'm addicted to my FTO

Postby Mustang » Mon May 23, 2005 10:37 am

DK wrote
but i was happy when i got there and he traded her out to me so was very happy

Nice one, Based on the pictures alone the car looked mint. The retail asking price was a bit a too steep for me at the time, so I didn't bother to go and view, but if you got it at trade sounds like a sweet deal 8)
Mustang
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Danny Kierans » Mon May 23, 2005 11:18 am

Yes nice deal and nice car.Now hoping 2 use this site 4 info to make her a very nice car :P ..Would like 2 find boys into tuning 2 know how much i can do. :?:
Danny Kierans
I'm addicted to my FTO
I'm addicted to my FTO

Return to Introduce yourself