looking for (Red) GPvR seat covers

Use this forum to buy or sell your FTO or FTO parts (Private adverts only)

Moderator: Moderators

looking for (Red) GPvR seat covers

Postby AL » Tue Oct 19, 2004 11:15 pm

hi , this looks like being a bit of a long shot, but im trying to find GPvR seat covers, in RED only. the genuine ones from a Black GPvR, or an aftermarket top quality kit.
any ideas lads........................... any help appreciated.
AL
I prefer my FTO to the missus

Postby Speedyboy » Wed Oct 20, 2004 8:36 am

Unfortunately everyone wants them seat covers, Mitsubishi charge some Ridiculous price around 3k I think and they dont come up on ebay too often,

I think youd be better off going for a leather re-trim it would be cheaper and much better value
Wavin - Unrivalled European supplier of plastic pipe systems
Speedyboy

Re: looking for (Red) GPvR seat covers

Postby Kace » Wed Oct 20, 2004 9:25 pm

AL wrote:hi , this looks like being a bit of a long shot, but im trying to find GPvR seat covers, in RED only. the genuine ones from a Black GPvR, or an aftermarket top quality kit.
any ideas lads........................... any help appreciated.

Long shot was never in it :lol:
Kace
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby steelroe » Wed Oct 20, 2004 11:31 pm

Yep priced the blue version a couple of weeks ago. Over 3K for two seat covers. They are off their f***ing heads. Keep an eye on e-bay they pop up now and again. Kempys can get them for around 1200 AUS$

Can get you the part numbers for the red ones if that would help
steelroe
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby AL » Thu Oct 21, 2004 3:41 pm

thanks guys for all ur help, yes steelroe that order number would be great.
i also wanted the back seats done too ???
AL

Postby Myfeckin FTO » Thu Oct 21, 2004 4:01 pm

AL wrote:thanks guys for all ur help, yes steelroe that order number would be great.
i also wanted the back seats done too ???

Pretty sure its just the front seats on the GPvR that have the blue or red covers so its unlikely you'll get anything suitable from Mitsubishi for the rears.

Have to say though that at this money it just doesn't make sense - You could get both front seats and back seats and door cards trimmed in leather or Alcantara (far nicer material) for a fraction of the price of the 2 front seat covers alone.

Or for 3K just trade up to a GPvR - there are a couple around at the moment.
Myfeckin FTO
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby kevinod » Thu Oct 21, 2004 4:16 pm

Myfeckin FTO wrote:You could get both front seats and back seats and door cards trimmed in leather or Alcantara (far nicer material)

Pardon my ignorance on this one, but wtf is Alcantara? Is it like leather?
Steel Silver manual GR (95 C)
kevinod

Postby Myfeckin FTO » Thu Oct 21, 2004 5:16 pm

kevinod wrote:Pardon my ignorance on this one, but wtf is Alcantara? Is it like leather?

It is a suede-like matierial only far nicer - it would be a good alternative for people who don't particularly want to put leather in their car. I had an Alcantara interior in my last car - a Racing Puma -

see here for link - there are some pictures of the interior towards the end of the page - http://www.fordracingpuma.com/tickford/tickford.html

I have talked to a couple of companies in Ireland already about getting the front seats on the FTO done in this matierial.
Myfeckin FTO
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby kevinod » Thu Oct 21, 2004 5:26 pm

Myfeckin FTO wrote:I have talked to a couple of companies in Ireland already about getting the front seats on the FTO done in this matierial.

ah ok... looks good alright, what kinda figures are the companies talking about to do it?
Steel Silver manual GR (95 C)
kevinod

Postby Myfeckin FTO » Thu Oct 21, 2004 5:29 pm

kevinod wrote:ah ok... looks good alright, what kinda figures are the companies talking about to do it?

€800 approx for the 2 front seats from a company I rang in Cork - also rang a Dublin company who gave a similar ballpark but they wanted to see the car to give a more exact quote.
Myfeckin FTO
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby AL » Thu Oct 21, 2004 9:47 pm

thank for link MYfeckin FTO, i didnt really want a leather finish, i find it very uncomfortable, alcantara i ideal.

as for upgrading to a GPvR, firstly id have to find a black one for the red interior, then i also want red rear seats, and to be honest i dont think a GPvR is an upgrade, dont get me wrong i love the cars, but its an older heating / air conditioning system and some dont even have this, sound proofing is non existant, same performance, except in the nice sports suspension. who did you ring in dublin that could do the alcantara finish, cheers AL.
AL

Postby Myfeckin FTO » Fri Oct 22, 2004 12:09 pm

AL wrote:thank for link MYfeckin FTO, i didnt really want a leather finish, i find it very uncomfortable, alcantara i ideal.

as for upgrading to a GPvR, firstly id have to find a black one for the red interior, then i also want red rear seats, and to be honest i dont think a GPvR is an upgrade, dont get me wrong i love the cars, but its an older heating / air conditioning system and some dont even have this, sound proofing is non existant, same performance, except in the nice sports suspension. who did you ring in dublin that could do the alcantara finish, cheers AL.

AL,

Don't know off the top of my head who I called - I think they're somewhere off the Naas Road - I'll have to get back to you on this. I just made some preliminary enquiries - I may still just buy a nice set of Sparco's and "suffer on" with the back seats. I'm not really fond of the standard FTO seats anyway - so IMO this is probably a better option anyway. Even if you wanted a leather or Alcantara trim it may make more sense to buy a set of used Sparcos or similar off the buy & sell and get them retrimmed - this would also save you the hassle of being without the car while the seats are out and you'll have more supportive seats into the bargain. I looked at a set of barely used Sparcos in Limerick recently for €300. Brand names will not be important if you are retrimming the seats - e.g. you could get a set of Corbeaus or OMP for less than Sparco or Recaro.

My point re changing to the GPvR would be based on you wanting the seats - you do get slightly upgraded suspension into the bargain though it would not be difficult to upgrade a GPX to beyond that again. The GPvR has a/c rather than climate control and manual door mirrors as a weight saving measure rather than a cost saving measure - I was not aware that there was much sound proofing to speak of on the GPX anyway so I doubt there will be much difference in that regard.

If I really wanted the GPvR seats - I would sell my 95 manual GPX and buy a 97 GPvR - you would not have to pay anymore than 3K for that. There are a couple of GPvR's around for circa 10K. Still a lot of trouble for a couple of seats though.

Your best bet is to go down the route of retriming either the standard or (if u could find a suitable set) aftermarket seats with leather on the bolsters and alcantara on the inserts. I would imagine that a complete retrim with these matierials (front & back seats & doorcards) should not cost anymore than 1.5K. This is not the cheapest option but it beats spending 3K on GPvR seat covers.
Myfeckin FTO
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby soc » Fri Oct 22, 2004 4:02 pm

I used to think the FTO seats were ok until I sat in the golfs recaro's. I suppose it didn't help that most FTO's are 10 years old so the seats have see a bit of wear but I was really impressed with the support (huge bolsters) of the recaros - ..... sorry doesn't help much but I had to get that out :D
soc
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Dave » Fri Oct 22, 2004 4:07 pm

yeah they aren't great to be honest, even the seats i have in the prelude are ten times more comfortable! no help again but there you go! :roll:
Dave
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Myfeckin FTO » Fri Oct 22, 2004 4:42 pm

May be a good idea to look around for a set of the Red Integra Type R Recaros - they are a really nice seat - It would just take someone handy with a welder to modify the frame to allow it to fit the FTO.
I'm sure there is bound to be a couple of wrecked TEG R's around the place. These seats would be a good deal nicer than the GPvR red seats.
Myfeckin FTO
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby AL » Fri Oct 22, 2004 4:58 pm

thanks again lads , even those with nothing helpwise to offer :roll: ,lol. only joking any opinions are better than none, i guess.

i like the comfort of the fto seat, ok there a bit soft, but thats less agony on the ould hemoroids..................... not sure of the spelling here,lol.
having said that id change them in a shot for my toyota mrs seats very nice indeed.
as anyone ever fitted the cobra sidewinder seats and if so what are they like, comfort, construction and adjustment wise.
AL

Postby Dave » Fri Oct 22, 2004 5:14 pm

i know FTO gal fitted a set of sparco or something similar to hers best bet is to ask her, you could get a set of decent sparco or something, get them re-done and then just get the rear seats done seperately!
Dave
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Return to For Sale