Saying hello "Officially"

Say hello to other forum members

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Please familiarise yourself with the forum rules before posting!

Saying hello "Officially"

Postby ftowannabee » Mon Apr 03, 2006 8:56 am

Hi everyone.. I've been a long time lurker on the site and former FTO owner who's recently bought another one!! I actually bought Zacob's FTO (Pat from Cork) and am loving it :D . Had to sell my beloved 4 years ago cos the insurance was an absolute joke (£4,500!!!) but thanks to ARB I can afford one now cos the insurance is only €915!! I've learned a lot from the site so far and I have to say theres some knowledegeable people here!
ftowannabee
Unleaded
Unleaded

Postby CJ » Mon Apr 03, 2006 10:03 am

Hows tricks ftowannabee, welcome and about time you 'came out' ;)
Thats a a nice insurance quote, mind me asking your criteria? Whhat part of the country are you based so as we know where to keep an eye out for you?

CJ
CJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby ftowannabee » Mon Apr 03, 2006 10:22 am

Hi CJ, thanks for the welcome! I'm 35 yrs old and I'm under the wife's policy. Shes got about 8yrs no claims bonus. We were very suprised at the quote. I'm under a group scheme with Frank Glennon so that could be the reason for it being low.

I live near the Blanchardstown area. I was flashed by a lovely silver FTO at the roundabout goining into the Blanch Centre last week. Could have possibly been someone off here? If it was, sorry but my reaction time was too slow to flash you back lol
ftowannabee
Unleaded
Unleaded

Postby Myfeckin FTO » Mon Apr 03, 2006 10:52 am

Welcome to the forum FWB.

I flashed a couple of FTO's round Blanchardstown last week - so it may have been me.

So - you gonna stick up a couple of photos of your FTO or wha?
Myfeckin FTO
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby CJ » Mon Apr 03, 2006 11:15 am

ftowannabee wrote:I live near the Blanchardstown area. I was flashed by a lovely silver FTO at the roundabout goining into the Blanch Centre last week. Could have possibly been someone off here? I

Another FTO in Blanch, they're 2 a penny around these parts! Cold also have been me who flashed you (at the entrance nearest to Xtravision?), did you notice if the car was a facelift or not? Is your FTO black by the way?

CJ
CJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby ftowannabee » Mon Apr 03, 2006 11:49 am

MFFTO - I sure am gonna stick around. I'm going to make sure I give my new beloved all the TLC she needs and this is the place to be for great info. It's navy/blue colour and the only pics I have are the ones Pat put up when he was selling it.

The link to the thread is:

http://www.fto-ireland.com/forum/phpBB2 ... php?t=3329

I intend to spruce up the interior in the next few weeks so I'll stick up some pics then.

CJ - Yeah it was that roundabout and it was a facelift. Lovely silver colour, possibly a respray?
ftowannabee
Unleaded
Unleaded

Postby CJ » Mon Apr 03, 2006 12:00 pm

ftowannabee wrote:CJ - Yeah it was that roundabout and it was a facelift. Lovely silver colour, possibly a respray?

Must have been me so ;) Its not resprayed, its original steel silver thats probably just overpolished!

CJ
CJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby ftowannabee » Mon Apr 03, 2006 12:18 pm

Nice Ride!
ftowannabee
Unleaded
Unleaded

Postby Myfeckin FTO » Mon Apr 03, 2006 1:30 pm

ftowannabee wrote: It's navy/blue colour and the only pics I have are the ones Pat put up when he was selling it.

Nice car - Zacob seems to have put some choice bits of kit on it. All it needs now is a set of lowering springs and you'll be sorted.

Its nice to be able to buy a car with the leather, wheels, 3 belts changed, Induction & exhaust mods, denso's etc already done for you - its a fair bit of extra expense if you were to add it to a standard spec FTO.
Myfeckin FTO
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby ftowannabee » Mon Apr 03, 2006 2:20 pm

Yeah I saved a packet. The only thing I had to get done was the alignment/ balancing done. I went to DTAS and they did the job. I want to get a few bits n' bobs for the interior aswell but all in good time.

So would lowering springs be an expensive job? Is there anyone you could recommend to fit them?
ftowannabee
Unleaded
Unleaded

Postby Danny Kierans » Mon Apr 03, 2006 6:15 pm

Well there.
Danny Kierans
I'm addicted to my FTO
I'm addicted to my FTO

Postby Myfeckin FTO » Mon Apr 03, 2006 10:47 pm

ftowannabee wrote:....So would lowering springs be an expensive job? Is there anyone you could recommend to fit them?

http://www.camskill.co.uk/products.php? ... b0s584p412

99GBP plus postage for the springs - about another 80-100 Euros to fit.
Most mechanics and tyre/exhaust places can replace the springs. If you know a reliable mechanic then all the better,.
Myfeckin FTO
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby ftowannabee » Tue Apr 04, 2006 8:41 am

Cool. Thanks for the link. I'm learning more every day.. I'm gonna like it here :D
ftowannabee
Unleaded
Unleaded

Postby kevinod » Tue Apr 04, 2006 9:40 am

I put on those Apex lowering springs and 17s, and had to put on the camber adjusting bolts to get the camber back in spec again for the front wheels(3 hours on the laser alignment ramp, although I didn't have them in for the first hour). The steering is much lighter after getting them put in.
Steel Silver manual GR (95 C)
kevinod

Postby CJ » Tue Apr 04, 2006 10:20 am

kevinod wrote:I put on those Apex lowering springs and 17s, and had to put on the camber adjusting bolts to get the camber back in spec again for the front wheels

Note that a bit of negative camber dosn't hurt from a handling perspective (I'm assuming that a negative setting came back on the machine at first?)

CJ
CJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby kevinod » Tue Apr 04, 2006 10:32 am

Ya, he left it with a bit of negative camber, but it was very negative without the camber adjusting bolts, tyre wear would have been all on the inside quarter of the tyre.

As I mentioned, steering is much lighter now and tyre wear should be most of the way across the tyre so I reckon they're the way to go.
kevinod

Postby CJ » Tue Apr 04, 2006 10:48 am

kevinod wrote:Ya, he left it with a bit of negative camber, but it was very negative without the camber adjusting bolts

Any idea what the before and after settings were? I'm running with 1 deg of negative camber up front....

CJ
CJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby kevinod » Tue Apr 04, 2006 10:52 am

I have the sheet at home, but I think one of them was 2.49 degrees. I'll check it later and let you know.
kevinod

Postby Myfeckin FTO » Tue Apr 04, 2006 9:51 pm

CJ wrote:........Any idea what the before and after settings were? I'm running with 1 deg of negative camber up front....

CJ

Snap - Running 1 deg negative as well with the kybs/apex springs and increased castor poly bushes.
Myfeckin FTO
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby kevinod » Wed Apr 05, 2006 9:11 pm

Checked it, it was 1deg 56 and 1deg 45, now -.20 and -.30
kevinod

Return to Introduce yourself