Issue: Mentioning fto-ireland.com to insurance companies

Compare and discuss insurance quotes here (Registered users only)

Moderator: Moderators

Issue: Mentioning fto-ireland.com to insurance companies

Postby CJ » Mon Dec 08, 2003 8:44 pm

Guys, when speaking with insurance companies, can I ask that you don't directly mention this forum or the quote details held herein. As much as I believe this information should be in the public domain, I don't want to attract negative attention from the insurance industry. Feel free to say 'but my 29 year mate got a quote of €whatever on a GPX with no NCB...' but I would ask that you don't mention that you got someone elses policy details from here.

Rant over :wink:

Ciaran
CJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Dave » Tue Dec 09, 2003 10:58 am

Ciaran,
that may not be the best option i reckon, i think in your circumstances you got an intro bonus or something, because the quote we did for you came out twice as much with no ncb but not far off with full no claims, just incase some one is getting insurance for cheaper it could lead to insurance companies looking at peoples insurance and realising there is a huge difference between the likes of a GS and a GPX, and then slap on a big load next year.....
i've still got another ten names or so needed to get a competitive price from StPaul, maybe that could be a better alternative, at least then we'd all be quoted on the same risks rather than the crap that's out there at the moment?
Dave
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby CJ » Tue Dec 09, 2003 12:49 pm

Dave, I think you may have taken me up wrong, what I'm basically saying is that people shouldn't call an insurance company and say that they read an individuals quote off this forum. There was a recent issue whereby the group (but not the website) was mentioned to an insurance company, the rep was not happy about the fact that people where placing their policy details on the web. I want to try to avoid upsetting these guys (even though they upset us all the time!) as much as possible.

Ciaran
CJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Dave » Tue Dec 09, 2003 1:23 pm

you're right too, i thought you did say to mention this site....
Dave
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Return to Motor Insurance