Wanted: Any FTO's for sale

Use this forum to buy or sell your FTO or FTO parts (Private adverts only)

Moderator: Moderators

Wanted: Any FTO's for sale

Postby stillj20 » Sun Apr 13, 2014 6:59 pm

Hi all,
Looking to get back behind the wheel of an fto. Any for sale?
stillj20
Unleaded
Unleaded

Re: Wanted: Any FTO's for sale

Postby goz_83 » Sun Apr 13, 2014 7:40 pm

There are 3 on Done Deal I would look at.

http://cars.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/m ... to/6496957 €575 manual, but needs clutch.

http://cars.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/1 ... gr/6734866 €900. It's a prefacelift, but looks well and has quad exhaust.

http://cars.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/m ... to/6770809 €700. Just went up there. I would ask for more photos though before driving anywhere.

If it were me buying, I would lean toward the first one, assuming everything else was in decent shape. Not sure if it is a GX, GPX, or GPvR though.
97 Manual GPX. Icecelle Blue.
Other Stuff: Induction kit. Front Strut. Apex Lowered. 17" Kahns. Quad exhaust. HID lights. Glow dials and rings/cups. Black leather seats. Window tints. Sunroof.
goz_83
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby stillj20 » Sun Apr 13, 2014 9:11 pm

Hi,
Would be slightly worried bout the tappet noise though, definitions would be hopin to get a gpx
stillj20
Unleaded
Unleaded

Postby goz_83 » Mon Apr 14, 2014 1:10 am

stillj20 wrote:Hi,
Would be slightly worried bout the tappet noise though, definitions would be hopin to get a gpx

Why? Tappet noise doesn't affect the driving. It usually goes after a couple of minutes and using a good oil makes a big improvement. If it is a gpx, tappets are adjustable. That would be least of my concerns, which is why I didn't even mention it. Although tappet noise can be annoying, i would just want to make sure that the rest of the car was in good shape. I considered buying that car myself, but it was just a day dream moment.
Last edited by goz_83 on Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Other Stuff: Induction kit. Front Strut. Apex Lowered. 17" Kahns. Quad exhaust. HID lights. Glow dials and rings/cups. Black leather seats. Window tints. Sunroof.
goz_83
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby DubC » Mon Apr 14, 2014 1:59 am

DubC
Speed freak
Speed freak

Postby mivecrx » Mon Apr 14, 2014 4:06 am

Your right to be worried about tappet noise, lack of oil changes causes this so a car with a bad tappet problem is one that hasn't been looked after too well. Slight tappet noise when cold could be considered normal on an Fto and allot of other Mitsubishis but the quieter the better in my opinion because that would suggest the engine was looked after. Yes they can be set on a gpx, could be a tough job reach the back ones tho
mivecrx
Have you seen my FTO tattoo?
Have you seen my FTO tattoo?

Postby goz_83 » Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:56 am

I'm not an expert and I would agree with Mivecrx to a point. Yes, tappet noise is a sign of engine wear, but unless the engine is sounding like a bag of spanners, I personally wouldn't worry about it. You have to consider that we are talking about mitsubishis that are up to 20 years old now and the engines are extremely well built. I have viewed well over 20 FTOs and 2 of them had no tappet noise when I viewed them. They were my current 97gpx and my previous 94gr. Though the gr had slight tappet noise for a minute in colder weather. I purchased a few with tappet noise and once i changed the oil for a quality oil, the tappet noise was either gone, or barely noticeable. It would bug me if the noise was constant, but then, I would get them adjusted if possible, or get a new set installed.
goz_83
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby brccrx » Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:13 am

goz_83 wrote:I'm not an expert and I would agree to a point. Yes, tappet noise is a sign of engine wear, but unless the engine is sounding like a bag of spanners, I personally wouldn't worry about it.

Noisy hydraulic tappets on Mitsis are not only (or not necessary) the lack of service, its also due to the design and in most cases they can be just simply cleaned or even replaced as U say.
However If You get only a slight noise when car cold then there nothing to worry about really.
Only one ever build 1.3 turbo Fto, 0.7 bar on stock internals...because your imagination is the only boundary :)
brccrx
FTO is my new religion
FTO is my new religion

Postby Temeeo » Mon Apr 14, 2014 7:03 pm

It's also worth going through the for sale thread. When I was looking to get an FTO I disregarded the old post - thinking that the cars must be long sold, where in fact they were still available. Gino's GX (previously owned by CJ) looks really great! :wink:
99 Mitsubishi FTO GX Manual in Passion Red
Temeeo
FTO nut!
FTO nut!

Postby d_dan » Mon Apr 14, 2014 7:12 pm

Do you have a price range in mind? Or model im getting mine remapped at the end of the month could get it a map for passing vthe NCT emissions test if there was interest.
d_dan
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby stillj20 » Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:48 pm

Must bear that in mind when I eventually find one, always thought to avoid cars with any kind of engine noise, good to know it's not always bad news.
Was hopin to get a gpx, as for price range, not a massive amount, probably have to settle for sumtin that needs a bit of work.
stillj20
Unleaded
Unleaded

Postby paulkenny » Wed Apr 16, 2014 4:59 pm

I still have mine up for sale
http://www.fto-ireland.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=14748
...I'm open to offers so PM if your interested.
paulkenny
Octane king
Octane king

Postby goz_83 » Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:34 pm

There ya go Stillj. Lovely example and for good money too imo.

I would get a spoiler on her, rip out boot speaker and respray the rims. I forgot about pauls car
goz_83
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby stillj20 » Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:16 pm

Looks good, definitely a spoiler needed. Bit above my budget at the minute unfortunately.
stillj20
Unleaded
Unleaded

Postby mark » Mon Apr 28, 2014 7:10 pm

The Black GR for 900 with quads is my old one http://cars.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/1 ... gr/6734866
I had it for over 5 years and it was a really good car and super reliable and I put a load of cash into it. I know Paul's girlfriend from the Rx7 site bought it from me and they've had it ever since. Not sure on the condition of it now but might be worth a look.
mark
I'm addicted to my FTO
I'm addicted to my FTO

Postby stillj20 » Wed Apr 30, 2014 11:53 am

Cheers mate, will have a look
stillj20
Unleaded
Unleaded

Postby karlf » Tue May 13, 2014 9:13 pm

Just put mine up for sale there. 96 Gpx mivec v6 TIPTRONIC. http://touch.adverts.ie/car/mitsubishi/ ... ic/5479986
karlf
I'm addicted to my FTO
I'm addicted to my FTO

Return to For Sale