Skyline import, help needed!

A forum dedicated to quick Japanese motors

Moderator: Moderators

Skyline import, help needed!

Postby bjbubblejet » Sat Feb 25, 2006 1:14 pm

I've imported a 4 door skyline into England and found out that I need a model report for the esva, unfortunatly there isn't one for my car so i'm thinking about registering my car in Ireland. Can anyone help, does anyone have any ideas on my problem? Is it easy to register it in Ireland? Please HELP!!!!!!!
bjbubblejet
1st gear
1st gear

Postby Mustang » Sat Feb 25, 2006 3:14 pm

Not the first time I've heard of this happening in the UK..lesson learned I guess. Have you paid import duty or VAT in the uk? I'm not sure what the protocol is if you have. On the basis that you have not, then you will need to bring the car to ireland and I expect you would have to pay import duty at 10%, VATat 21%. Then pay vehicle registration tax, I expect that you will also need an Irish address to do all this. Are you intending on then bringing the car back to the UK? You could try selling the car to an Irish resident, in any case I expesct there would be some financial pain involved. The 4dr skyline would (I imagine) not be that popular and possibly difficult to sell...
Mustang
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby bjbubblejet » Sat Feb 25, 2006 9:10 pm

Yeah I have paid VAT on the car here, I have family in Ireland so I'm hoping to be able to use that address for registration but drive it over here, seems a shame to see the car parked up on the drive.
bjbubblejet
1st gear
1st gear

Postby CJ » Thu Mar 02, 2006 12:00 pm

Bear in mind that operate a seperate Vehicle Registration Tax (VRT) in Ireland which means that you will need to pay an extra 30% on top of the Open Market Selling Price (OMSP) in order to register the car over here.

See here for more info.

CJ
CJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Skyline import, help needed!

Postby Kace » Thu Mar 02, 2006 9:12 pm

bjbubblejet wrote:I've imported a 4 door skyline ....

4 Door Skyline - nice.....and good for small families for those of us who have wives starting to complain about having to reach in and secure baby seat in the back of the FTO.

Any pictures ?
Kace
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby bjbubblejet » Wed Mar 08, 2006 9:32 am

I don't think I will be doing the Ireland thing then, there's no way I'm gonna pay another 30% tax on top of the tax I've already paid on it! Bloody goverments have it all sewn up don't they???

Yes Kace I have pics of the offending motor in my pic gallery but don't know how to put a link to them here mate.

If I could get hold of the exhaust and noise emission data from Nissan for a GT-X I could use it as evidence to show that it is within the EU regs, but Nissan UK don't take to Nissan Japan so they can't help me.....go figure it!!!!

Thanks for your help guys anyway, you never know you may see a 4 Door Skyline for sale in Ireland soon.
[/img]
bjbubblejet
1st gear
1st gear

Postby CJ » Wed Mar 08, 2006 11:43 am

I'll help ya out mate:

Its not actually too bad looking in 4-door guise, I can see how this would be practical for the family. A bigger set of rims would set it off nicely.

CJ
CJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby bjbubblejet » Fri Mar 10, 2006 8:56 am

Thanks mate.

Yeah I have been looking for some wheels and I wouldn't mind lowering it a little to but I think getting it on the road first may be a better idea.

Driven a few times on trade plates, you wouldn't believe how many people just look and stare at it, it's quiet embarassing.

How did you get the pics on?
bjbubblejet
1st gear
1st gear

Postby CJ » Fri Mar 10, 2006 9:05 am

bjbubblejet wrote:How did you get the pics on?

Taken from this thread: http://www.fto-ireland.com/forum/phpBB2 ... php?t=2875

if you want to place one of your pictures in a thread, copy the link URL and place it into your post, highlight the link and then click on the Img button underneath the subject bar, this places image tags around the link and displays the picture in your post.

CJ
CJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby bjbubblejet » Fri Mar 10, 2006 5:33 pm

Hmm easy when you know how! :D
bjbubblejet
1st gear
1st gear

Return to Japanese Performance